By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Hacker Raised All the Legal Funds Needed to Beat Sony in a Weekend

APKenna said:

He's gonna fail, and who is to say that his Lawyer is not doing it "pro bono" just to put his name out there for the masses to see and make actual money out of it.

1. He has several lawyers, and what's the point of getting your name out if you lose...?

2. All money that isn't going to be spent on lawyers is going to the EFF

geddesmond2 said:

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

1.Perhaps some people actually want to own their devices

2. Or maybe people know that law is on Geo's side and don't want money to beat it

3. Or maybe people have a conscience and don't want to see a 21yr old kid ruined financially for life...

miz1q2w3e said:

Why are people so eager to support a hacker like this guy? Game devs are the ones who actually deserve it and this guy is helping people steal from them

Geohot's firmware prevented piracy 

tensen1212 said:

I just want to know what would happen if Geohot hacked the wii and the Xbox 360? and why he hasn't hacked either of them as well.

They have already been hacked

If people are going to quote me please edit out the points you don't want to argue or I will ignore you 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network

Go go geohot..'' god bless you'' ,''god bless the liberty''

geddesmond2 said:

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

Just take a look at how many users of this site said that they donated money. And most of them do not own a ps3 and I have not seen anything positive written about sony from them. Coincidence? Maybe...

naruball said:

Just take a look at how many users of this site said that they donated money. And most of them do not own a ps3 and I have not seen anything positive written about sony from them. Coincidence? Maybe...

Can I have their names please? 

Kowenicki owns a PS3 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

tensen1212 said:

By the way, when is this court case going to happen? I've been hearing about this forever and it has yet to happen.

It could be months until you see a verdict in the case. But i'm sure of one thing. It's almost a guarantee the loser will appeal it to a higher court. Then the loser of that case will appeal. ect ect

Around the Network
tensen1212 said:

People actually gave money to that guy?

I'm still baffled. And not just money, SERIOUS money - see the thread in the Sony section.

dsister said:
naruball said:

Can I have their names please?

Kowenicki owns a PS3

Now, Kowenicki isn't really "most of them", is he?

dsister said:

1. Perhaps some people actually want to own their devices

2. Or maybe people know that law is on Geo's side and don't want money to beat it

3. Or maybe people have a conscience and don't want to see a 21yr old kid ruined financially for life...

Why do you spread lies? Just asking because if Sony wins this you will still own your PS3 and will be allowed to hack it as well. Don't start talking like "zomg!! I am gonna lose my PS3's ownership omg!!".

Yes, you won't be allowed to play online but that should be irrelevant because its done to allow fair-play.

fwap said:

This whole thing is going to be one of the most memorable events of 2011.

Hell no , Skyrim is.

can i ask you guys a serious question?

Why do you all give a shit about who is wasting money on who and why give a shit about wasting your on money on this guy?.