By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Hacker Raised All the Legal Funds Needed to Beat Sony in a Weekend

What a waste of time and money..

Around the Network
dsister said:
APKenna said:

He's gonna fail, and who is to say that his Lawyer is not doing it "pro bono" just to put his name out there for the masses to see and make actual money out of it.

1. He has several lawyers, and what's the point of getting your name out if you lose...?

2. All money that isn't going to be spent on lawyers is going to the EFF

geddesmond2 said:

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

1.Perhaps some people actually want to own their devices

2. Or maybe people know that law is on Geo's side and don't want money to beat it

3. Or maybe people have a conscience and don't want to see a 21yr old kid ruined financially for life...

Yeah because even if he does win you'll own your device even more than you own it now LMAO and what will you do with your device once you have the right to do anything you want? Run pirated games? Emulate all those Nes and Snes games you already have emulated on your PC? Use online hacks to give you unfair advantage against everyone else on Modern Warfare 2? Tell me, what will you use the PS3 for once you own the device fully????I really want to know

Xen said:
tensen1212 said:

People actually gave money to that guy?

I'm still baffled. And not just money, SERIOUS money - see the thread in the Sony section.

I'm a member of many different kinds and types of forums online. VGC is the only place where the majority of the people support sony. I'm assuming the  other video game sites are probaly the same way. But every other place i go sony support is nonexistent. So from what i see it's really not that surprising that he got his goal so quickly

PullusPardus said:
fwap said:

This whole thing is going to be one of the most memorable events of 2011.

Hell no , Skyrim is.

Sorry, I find arguing about him far more enjoyable than any ES game :P

axumblade said:

Is anyone really surprised? He's obviously not liked on most gaming industry or in the forums (especially VGChartz, a site that's dedicated to sales). BUT in the world of pirates, he's considered a hero.

Again: he's also legally in the right, here. It's one thing to be a pirate, it's another thing to be someone who wants to take the piss out of Sony, it's quite another to be someone who wants the law to be upheld instead of corporations being able to bully people down.

Around the Network
JWS said:
Xen said:
tensen1212 said:

People actually gave money to that guy?

I'm still baffled. And not just money, SERIOUS money - see the thread in the Sony section.

I'm a member of many different kinds and types of forums online. VGC is the only place where the majority of the people support sony. I'm assuming the  other video game sites are probaly the same way. But every other place i go sony support is nonexistent. So from what i see it's really not that surprising that he got his goal so quickly

That's because the Sony community here is proportinally bigger than on most sites. It's simple math.

It's surprising to see people REFRAIN giving the same money to other means - disease cures, food for the hungry, etc. If only either of those had the same response!

Khuutra said:
axumblade said:

Is anyone really surprised? He's obviously not liked on most gaming industry or in the forums (especially VGChartz, a site that's dedicated to sales). BUT in the world of pirates, he's considered a hero.

Again: he's also legally in the right, here. It's one thing to be a pirate, it's another thing to be someone who wants to take the piss out of Sony, it's quite another to be someone who wants the law to be upheld instead of corporations being able to bully people down.

What are Sony's charges against him?

*sigh, I know some real sick kids and families that could've used that money.  What a sad world and feel sorry for those that donated =(

I can't believe that people actually paid this spoiled brat...

What can I say?  The "get a life" phrase fits

naruball said:
geddesmond2 said:

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

Just take a look at how many users of this site said that they donated money. And most of them do not own a ps3 and I have not seen anything positive written about sony from them. Coincidence? Maybe...

Yeah I noticed a few of the pro Xbox crowd SAID they donated some money(personally I think most of them are full of shit) but I just wonder if there beloved 360 or Wii's security was compromised like the PS3s would they be so supportive.

Personally I don't care what hackers do with the PS3 just as long as my legitimate experiance isn't ruined but thats not been the case and recent reports of how hackers can steal your information or ban anyone they like backs up the problems I'm having with this whole debate right now.