By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Hacker Raised All the Legal Funds Needed to Beat Sony in a Weekend

Porcupine_I said:

so he got the $50 for his cousin Vinnie, the laywer? great!

If she's coming along I might want to go too.

Around the Network

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

Wow that was quick

Why are people so eager to support a hacker like this guy? Game devs are the ones who actually deserve it and this guy is helping people steal from them

geddesmond2 said:

It just goes to show the amount of hate people have for Sony. Lol and people say PS3 fanboys exagerate all this stuff like unfair reviews and what not. The dude raised over 30k in one weekend. Nobodys gonna donate money to somebody like this without having hate for the people they are against.

Has nothing to do with hating Sony personally.  I'll be damned if a quarter of the people who donated don't even understand the topic completely, at least.  They just want to support pirating or the "little guy."  And I thought the article says he didn't specify money.

Money well spent.

Around the Network

I hope he does fail, because what he did wasnt wrong. but he distributed and published that code online, and thats the problem.

but i was under the impression Sony had already won?!

Personally I can see geohot winning this, throughout this whole "geohot hacking teh ps3" thing, geohot has been kicking sony's ass the entire time. But that is what I fear the most because if he wins everyone is gonna think its ok to hack the ps3 to the point where hackers are going to infest every online game on the ps3 and you can't do anything about it since its "the cool legal thing" to do.

To think that this all started because of sony removing the OtherOS feature, something that the vast majority of the ps3 users didn't even use. Seriously who buys a console to run an OS on it? you can download linux from 1000's of websites on your computer, why do you need it on the PS3?

I just want to know what would happen if Geohot hacked the wii and the Xbox 360? and why he hasn't hacked either of them as well.

even if he wins he won't be able to use PSN and for all his efforts Sony will continue to find ways around them, him, and whoever else tries to hack PS3 systems.

A203D said:

I hope he does fail, because what he did wasnt wrong. but he distributed and published that code online, and thats the problem.

but i was under the impression Sony had already won?!

Wrong how?  Do you think computer manufacturers should  have the right to tell you what you can and can't install on your computer?  Then why should Sony or any console manufacturer have that right?  Do you feel you own the consoles you have or do you feel they're the property of the console manufacturers?