By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two thinks GTA on Wii is laughable

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16707

Around the Network

I really want a GTA game on the Wii. I don't care if it isn't GTA 4. I just want one.

Take Two is one of the companies that is most at risk of going bankrupt due to the success of the Wii because they fail to take advantage of it ... At the same time, Take Two would be one of the companies most at risk of going bankrupt if the XBox 360 or PS3 were as successful ...

I like Bacon said:
I really want a GTA game on the Wii. I don't care if it isn't GTA 4. I just want one.

Don't you have a PS2? GTA on PS2 is as good as you can get on your Wii.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

as a nintendo fan i'm trying really hard to be offended. eh, he's probably right.

Around the Network

My PS2 has been broken for years. I want one on the Wii. It would be amazing I think. I don't think it should use the motion at all except for swinging melee weapons like a baseball bat or a knife. first person guns can be done with the pointer. But everything else should be done with buttons/control stick.

I'm sure they could make a GTA game considerably better than the last PS2 GTA game on the Wii...but they're making GTA4. And that's not possible on the Wii without cutting some major features. And that's not worth it. I'd rather go and buy a 360 than play a dumb port on the Wii.

There's plenty of great possibilities on the Wii, and there are games possible that will trump plenty of PS3 and 360 games...but you can't have them all, and there are plenty of 360 and PS3 games that have physics and graphics engines that the Wii just can't do. Get over it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Remember how they came out with Twisted Metal: Small Brrawl....GTA could get a similar treatment. Of course that would require creativity and a sense of humor....two things I think Rockstar lacks.

I'd play vice city again if they put it on the wii and made the controls as tight as they are in the Godfather.

BenKenobi88 said:
I'm sure they could make a GTA game considerably better than the last PS2 GTA game on the Wii...but they're making GTA4. And that's not possible on the Wii without cutting some major features. And that's not worth it. I'd rather go and buy a 360 than play a dumb port on the Wii.

Yeah. But I still want a GTA game on the Wii. Even if it isn't GTA 4. The odds of a GTA game on the Wii IMO is around .1%. ;-;  Which means I will have to wait until the 360 drops to a really really low price and then I can buy GTA 4 around 2011.

;-; Sad, I know. >_<