By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two thinks GTA on Wii is laughable

jhlennon1 said:
I can't help but laugh that no matter what the Wii sells, 3rd parties are not putting their best on the system. It is very funny.
It is funny, and yet, it is also very sad. GTA could sell very well on the Wii.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:
My PS2 has been broken for years. I want one on the Wii. It would be amazing I think. I don't think it should use the motion at all except for swinging melee weapons like a baseball bat or a knife. first person guns can be done with the pointer. But everything else should be done with buttons/control stick.

I hope you have played Godfather Blackhand Edition by now.  You can beat people with 2x4s, bats, golf clubs, pipes, etc.  You can also strangle people and throw them off roofs with the wii mote and nunchuck.  It is my favorite Wii game and is only $30 new right now.

Let's see what Take Two says if and when Bully sells well on the Wii.

I'm sure Nintendo is laughing pretty hard at Take Two stock price and their little debt!

What are you looking at, nerd?

MH3 is not Capcom's best game, Resident Evil 5 is and that is not on the Wii.

Fatal Frame = LOL. c-mon, list a better game then that.

StanGable said:
I'm sure Nintendo is laughing pretty hard at Take Two stock price and their little debt!

Haha, good one. 

Around the Network

Now did they mean the whole GTA series, or just GTA4. The latter, I could understand, but the former just makes them look stupid. They should just try porting the PS2 games, and seeing how well they do. Since all they would need is the controls, the risk would be minimal, and the could see just what would suit the Wii or not.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Oh, I forgot about Bully. Maybe that's the testing ground.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If I think about GTA on the Wii then I think about Rockstars ping pong game on the Wii X_X... Damned that game was a hell lot more worse...Just a very cheap game X_X.

Bark said:
I like Bacon said:
My PS2 has been broken for years. I want one on the Wii. It would be amazing I think. I don't think it should use the motion at all except for swinging melee weapons like a baseball bat or a knife. first person guns can be done with the pointer. But everything else should be done with buttons/control stick.

I hope you have played Godfather Blackhand Edition by now. You can beat people with 2x4s, bats, golf clubs, pipes, etc. You can also strangle people and throw them off roofs with the wii mote and nunchuck. It is my favorite Wii game and is only $30 new right now.

Let's see what Take Two says if and when Bully sells well on the Wii.

I have not played that game.

I hate GTA, but this is still starting to become a disturbing trend. The Wii is outselling all other systems by a handy margin, and has now sold the most software worldwide for 5 weeks running, in the middle of the Christmas season. It's going to continue increasing its share of hardware and software over the next few months, at the very least, and is likely to continue doing so for a long time beyond that.

And yet, nobody is putting their big games on the system thus far. I know, I know: wait for developers to become free again. Wait years for development of the Wii game after that. Wait, wait, wait, I know. But no one is even TALKING about the Wii in these "I want to put my big game on this platform" terms.

And it really does shock me. Are... all these companies just A.O.K. with Nintendo out-profitting the rest of the industry combined? Because that's precisely what's happening here. Let me repeat that for emphasis: Nintendo is likely to easily outprofit the rest of the industry combined this year, thanks in large part to the fact that 100 percent of their software efforts are on the Wii and DS. Wouldn't other companies want a piece of the action? In the absence of any serious third party efforts thus far (Save a few by Capcom), Nintendo is absolutely killing, positively slaughtering everyone in profits, marketshare, and growth... and yet, no one is doing anything about it. I would absolutely love to be a fly on the wall during development and planning discussions from some of these major companies.

Perhaps I'll just wait some more.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">