By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two thinks GTA on Wii is laughable

krik said:
I like Bacon said:
I really want a GTA game on the Wii. I don't care if it isn't GTA 4. I just want one.

Don't you have a PS2? GTA on PS2 is as good as you can get on your Wii.

Dual thumbsticks is so last gen...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I really hate GTA... and everything Rockstar... but if you read the interview what he said was "there are other games more suitable for the Wii". More suitable? Like what... Carnival Games? Come on Take Two, do you still see the Nintendos as kiddie? Or you think that Nintendo fans don't deserve big, high quality games? T2 totally needs to look at RE4 and Red Steel sales.

Oh well, Take Two can go broke for what I care :P

given it isn't coming to pc either (as far as we know), i probably will be avoiding this one altogether, i didn't like the feel of gta: vc or sa on ps2...

anyone else think pc is the best console for gta? (i also would say if they used godfather controls for GTA Wii and tweak them up a bunch, it'd turn out nearly as good, leaving out the graphical factor)

famousringo said:
krik said:
I like Bacon said:
I really want a GTA game on the Wii. I don't care if it isn't GTA 4. I just want one.

Don't you have a PS2? GTA on PS2 is as good as you can get on your Wii.

Dual thumbsticks is so last gen...

yep!! lol!!

iT IS FUNNY TO THINK OF GTA ON WII

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT LEO J COMMENTS ON THIS

Around the Network
Soriku said:
segajon said:
iT IS FUNNY TO THINK OF GTA ON WII

CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT LEO J COMMENTS ON THIS
Teh capzlock burnz.

Teh uze of z burnz! Ze goggles! Ze do nothing! 

HappySqurriel said:

Take Two is one of the companies that is most at risk of going bankrupt due to the success of the Wii because they fail to take advantage of it ... At the same time, Take Two would be one of the companies most at risk of going bankrupt if the XBox 360 or PS3 were as successful ...

That's laughable...  The Wii is only ahead of 360 by about 2 million.  And GTA is really a North American title where 360 is ahead of Wii by over 2 million.  And GTA isn't exactly the same market demographics as WiiSports fans.  Take Two is not doing great financially...  But, a few million sales of GTA IV on 360 and PS3 will change that problem.  Not to mention the Bully Scholarship sales (360 and Wii) and the Midnight Club (360 and PS3) sales...

By the way...  How many 3rd parties are raking in the money from the Wii?  And how's that Wii attach rate?  What real incentive is there for a 3rd party to go Wii?  Especially for a game that is the ultimate gamer's franchise?  Not to mention Wii has the highest royalties and you have to sell your game $10 cheaper to sell it...

NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:

Take Two is one of the companies that is most at risk of going bankrupt due to the success of the Wii because they fail to take advantage of it ... At the same time, Take Two would be one of the companies most at risk of going bankrupt if the XBox 360 or PS3 were as successful ...

That's laughable...  The Wii is only ahead of 360 by about 2 million.  And GTA is really a North American title where 360 is ahead of Wii by over 2 million.  And GTA isn't exactly the same market demographics as WiiSports fans.  Take Two is not doing great financially...  But, a few million sales of GTA IV on 360 and PS3 will change that problem.  Not to mention the Bully Scholarship sales (360 and Wii) and the Midnight Club (360 and PS3) sales...

By the way...  How many 3rd parties are raking in the money from the Wii?  And how's that Wii attach rate?  What real incentive is there for a 3rd party to go Wii?  Especially for a game that is the ultimate gamer's franchise?  Not to mention Wii has the highest royalties and you have to sell your game $10 cheaper to sell it...

Dude, check this out:

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php

Wii has been moving more software than 360 for a month now. Imagine what they might move if 3rd parties were actually investing money in the games they put on Wii?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

NeoRatt said:
HappySqurriel said:

Where are you getting your information from?

Currently the Wii's attach rate (not including Wii Sports or Wii Play) is 3.5 in North America, which isn't bad considering how rapidly it is selling; when half of your userbase has owned the system for less than 6 months you shouldn't expect an attach rate in the 4+ range.

No one knows for sure, but it has been rumored that the Wii's licencing fee matches the Gamecube's licencing fee ($8 per game), the XBox 360's licencing fee is about $1 to $2 more than the XBox's licencing fee ($6 per game), and the PS3's licencing fee is dramatically higher than the PS2's licencing fee ($7 per game) ...

I can't help but laugh that no matter what the Wii sells, 3rd parties are not putting their best on the system. It is very funny.