By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two thinks GTA on Wii is laughable

I like Bacon said:
jhlennon1 said:
I can't help but laugh that no matter what the Wii sells, 3rd parties are not putting their best on the system. It is very funny.
It is funny, and yet, it is also very sad. GTA could sell very well on the Wii.

Right, I can see all the kids, soccer moms and old people (like the one's on the Wii ads) beating up people and raping some prostitutes.

Only games that sell well on the Wii are Nintendo franchises geared towards kids. Just look at the Wii million sellers: 

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=&sort=Total

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
If I think about GTA on the Wii then I think about Rockstars ping pong game on the Wii X_X... Damned that game was a hell lot more worse...Just a very cheap game X_X.

Well, Rockstar has never been... you know... recognized, by the polishing of their games. If you compare GTA4 with other games on 360/PS3, it actually seems very lacking. Same can be said about ALL past Rockstar games. The characters on GTA:SA looked like cardboard milk bottles.

krik said:
I like Bacon said:
jhlennon1 said:
I can't help but laugh that no matter what the Wii sells, 3rd parties are not putting their best on the system. It is very funny.
It is funny, and yet, it is also very sad. GTA could sell very well on the Wii.

Right, I can see all the kids, soccer moms and old people (like the one's on the Wii ads) beating up people and raping some prostitutes.

Only games that sell well on the Wii are Nintendo franchises geared towards kids. Just look at the Wii million sellers:

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&console=Wii&publisher=&sort=Total

I agree. Resident Evil 4 and Red Steel prove your point very well. 

Sales of Manhunt 2 on Wii -- 130K
Sales of Carnival Games on Wii -- 320K
Sales of 2K MLB Power Pros on Wii -- 8K

That's Take-Two market research.
General fun games -- good.
Mature violent games -- bad.
Sports games -- bad.

Mike from Morgantown

And no, I don't believe all of this. But it is not all good game vs. bad game.
I also find those Power Pro numbers really low since it is supposed to be the best baseball game of the year (84 rating).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Bodhesatva said:

And yet, nobody is putting their big games on the system thus far. I know, I know: wait for developers to become free again. Wait years for development of the Wii game after that. Wait, wait, wait, I know. But no one is even TALKING about the Wii in these "I want to put my big game on this platform" terms.

Perhaps I'll just wait some more.

Maybe they have a lot money tied to the PS3/360 development... but I'm expecting the real good games to come in late 08 and 09, if no good games comes out to this point, well...

There is ony hope...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

i honestly don't think it would sell no matter how good it would be to see one. There are to many issues with parents that would complain and make it so that the ESRB is forced to make it AO which Nintendo will not allow anyways. GTA on the Wii would be considered more "evil" then even manhunt 2 is.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Soriku said:
konnichiwa said:
If I think about GTA on the Wii then I think about Rockstars ping pong game on the Wii X_X... Damned that game was a hell lot more worse...Just a very cheap game X_X.

Ping pong game was also on 360.

Uhu I know...  And the X360 game pwns the Wii port...  The Wii game is awful, thats why I think if they would make a GTA game it would be a sucky port..

Bark said:
I like Bacon said:
My PS2 has been broken for years. I want one on the Wii. It would be amazing I think. I don't think it should use the motion at all except for swinging melee weapons like a baseball bat or a knife. first person guns can be done with the pointer. But everything else should be done with buttons/control stick.

I hope you have played Godfather Blackhand Edition by now.  You can beat people with 2x4s, bats, golf clubs, pipes, etc.  You can also strangle people and throw them off roofs with the wii mote and nunchuck.  It is my favorite Wii game and is only $30 new right now.

Let's see what Take Two says if and when Bully sells well on the Wii.

And the Garrote Wire! The fact that there is a wire in-between your hands just makes that awesome. Strangling people, oh that's good fun. Loved strangling Barazini in the Baptism by Fire. Wasn’t business then, it was personal. XD

I've said before on GameFAQs. Between Scarface and The Godfather, you've already got a rock solid foundation to make a violent sandbox game on the Wii. Combine The Godfather’s melee fighting system and Scarface’s camera/shooting set-up and you’re golden. I wouldn’t care what the hell the game was about at that point, it’d could be a sequel to Barnyard and I’d probably get it provided it exploited both of those mechanics well.

From some of the comments, I would think you didn't read the article...:

Take-Two also said it had seven titles bound for the Wii... and reiterated that the company has seen a shift from a "non-Nintendo shop into one as focused on Nintendo as any other platform."... "there are other titles better suited to the Wii than Grand Theft Auto."

jlauro said:
From some of the comments, I would think you didn't read the article...:

Take-Two also said it had seven titles bound for the Wii... and reiterated that the company has seen a shift from a "non-Nintendo shop into one as focused on Nintendo as any other platform."... "there are other titles better suited to the Wii than Grand Theft Auto."

GTA MARIO?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_uyKoQKwo

GTA is the most over-rated game series ever. They are just shitting bricks with the cash they put into gta4, with current 360 and ps3 user base.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-