By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Yes 82 30.04%

No 55 20.15%

Maybe 27 9.89%

They need to localise TLS... 80 29.30%

Don't care. It doesn't have HD graphics 28 10.26%

Total:272

it's sold almost 85 million units, has the highest selling games of all time, and has been nothing but a endless bucket of money for Nintendo.

the wii is long past the point of a console that can die in peace

Around the Network

If the Wii needs saving does that mean the PS3 and 360 are dead? Nintendo has so many options to keep Wii sales healthy that it's kind of sickening.

@jumpin  i think the whole "doomed" thing was a joke, but as for the HDs, IMHO they are doing things to try to reinvigorate there consoles, motion tech, improving online, getting more 1st party games(Sony anyway). Where as Wii they are just kinda coasting along, just chilling. Focusing on 3DS

@Conegamer if I may be so bold i think Ninty consoles have and will always be seen as the family friendly console, it was like that in SNES days, when Sega tried to get all hip and cool with Genesis, I think Ninty SHOULD stick to that, look at N64 and GC two consoles where they tried to be more "mature" didnt help agaisnt Sony, but now they make WiiFamily type games and its Xmas. My point is family friendly is what Ninty is, as soon as they try to deny what they are they fail. Embrace the family friendliness leave that "mature" stuff to the HD guys and if Ninty fans dont like it, get an HD

Install homebrew, you EU localization freaks you...

I know how to raise sales of the Wii. 

Nintendo should raise the price on it. Make a marketing campaign letting everyone know that the price of the Wii will increase, giving those who don't have it and thought about buying it less of a choice, and forcing them to buy it.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Saying the Wii needs saving is like saying you need to save a guy from drowning because he put his toe in the water.

Best.Reference.Ever

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

theARTIST0017 said:

I know how to raise sales of the Wii. 

Nintendo should raise the price on it. Make a marketing campaign letting everyone know that the price of the Wii will increase, giving those who don't have it and thought about buying it less of a choice, and forcing them to buy it.

That...would work I suppose. But only for the immediate short-term

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

killeryoshis said:

All those points are terrible my vote is to make motion based games that use motion plus

Agree on all counts.

I expected Ninty to combat the release of the competing motion devices with big MPlus software, but it didn't happen.  Now I hope they'll rejuvinate the console with said software at E3.

You can't spell IGNorance without I-G-N.

Why is the Wii doomed? Because is actually sells only on the level of the competitors and not twice as much?

From the games side: There are some new games I am waiting for in the next two month (EU: Kirbys Epic Yarn, Conduit 2, de Blob 2, Enclave) and last year there were so many top games that I don't even managed to play all. In my opinion the Wii has had the best game line-up from all current consoles in 2010.

For the rest of the year I expect some games from Nintendo, like The Last Story, Xenoblade, Fatal Frame, Pandoras Tower, new Kirby, Pikmin 3, Zelda and 3-4 unnanounced games. And from the 3rds: Night of the Sacrifice, Dragon Quest X, Rodea, Rune Factory, Tales of Graces (come on Namco!), Earth Seeker, Driver: San Francisco, The Grinder and some unnanounced games.

More than enough for me. After all 2011 could be the RPG year for the Wii :)