By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Yes 82 30.04%

No 55 20.15%

Maybe 27 9.89%

They need to localise TLS... 80 29.30%

Don't care. It doesn't have HD graphics 28 10.26%

Total:272

Guys, a new design with HD graphics it's not a new model but a new console.

I do not want Excitebots or Captain Rainbow.

I want games like Zelda, Dragon Quest X, Xenoblade or The Last Story.

They better praise that 3rd party games have a good start on 3DS so this way they can keep 3rd party support on Wii2.

All the Wii needs is a new design (Wii Slim or something similar) with an additional quality (something stupid to make people buy the console again). This must be done with a price cut, lowering the price to 150$ and new colours.

Finally, we have the 25th Legend of Zelda anniversary, so I am expecting them to do some special packs next holiday season.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Well, even if it doesn't get the support from the 3DS, looks like we're at least getting Xenoblade and The Last Story, and probably Tales Of Graces...

With Zelda, Pandora's Tower, Conduit 2, Kirby Wii, Pikmin 3, Dragon Quest X and the 'loads of new games at E3' confirmed today, that's a good start finish, no?

Wii will be no more come next year.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Conegamer said:

Well, even if it doesn't get the support from the 3DS, looks like we're at least getting Xenoblade and The Last Story, and probably Tales Of Graces...

With Zelda, Pandora's Tower, Conduit 2, Kirby Wii, Pikmin 3, Dragon Quest X and the 'loads of new games at E3' confirmed today, that's a good start, no?

That's not a start, that is the end. Nothing will come afterwards as Nintendo will be preparing for their next home console, just as they should. The Wii has run its course, it's as good as done. There is no incentive to keep it going for much longer.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

With Zelda, Pandora's Tower, Conduit 2, Kirby Wii, Pikmin 3, Dragon Quest X and the 'loads of new games at E3' confirmed today, that's a good start, no?

That's not a start, that is the end. Nothing will come afterwards as Nintendo will be preparing for their next home console, just as they should. The Wii has run its course, it's as good as done. There is no incentive to keep it going for much longer.

Depends what they've got in the pipeline and how far off Wii2 is. We'll find out at E3 I feel the life that the white waggle wonderbox has left...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DavidValbu said:

They better praise that 3rd party games have a good start on 3DS so this way they can keep 3rd party support on Wii2.

All the Wii needs is a new design (Wii Slim or something similar) with an additional quality (something stupid to make people buy the console again). This must be done with a price cut, lowering the price to 150$ and new colours.

Finally, we have the 25th Legend of Zelda anniversary, so I am expecting them to do some special packs next holiday season.

Well said there  

Also, how cool would it be to get Majora's Mask, the original 3, ALttP and WW with all the missing dungeons on a single disk? We live in hope...

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
DavidValbu said:

Well said there  

Also, how cool would it be to get Majora's Mask, the original 3, ALttP and WW with all the missing dungeons on a single disk? We live in hope...

What 3? Am I missing something ;O

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Conegamer said:
DavidValbu said:

Well said there  

The Legend Of Zelda, The Legend Of Zelda 2...

Maybe 4 swords as well?

Software, software, software

Sony, MS and Apple have no effect on Nintendo, what has an effect is software, or lack thereof, right now there is little compelling software on the Wii, look at the sales charts, used to be Wii was dominant, now only Wii Sports is in the top 10, its the reason Wii has declined, Not Kinect or Move or anything that Sony and MS have done, Wii needs software

trestres said:
Conegamer said:

Well said there  

He is obviously refering to the CD-i Zelda games, the original trilogy.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

axt113 said:

Software, software, software

Sony, MS and Apple have no effect on Nintendo, what has an effect is software, or lack thereof, right now there is little compelling software on the Wii, look at the sales charts, used to be Wii was dominant, now only Wii Sports is in the top 10, its the reason Wii has declined, Not Kinect or Move or anything that Sony and MS have done, Wii needs software

I couldn't agree more. A new concole will come out went Nintendo wants it to, but its software that really matters on a video game concole. the problem for everyone here is that we don't know what nintendo has planned in the works and next years E3 could be like last years with a ton of games from both Nintendo and third parties beening announced and then released soon after ready for the holiday season.