By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Saving the Wii. Can Nintendo do it?

Yes 82 30.04%

No 55 20.15%

Maybe 27 9.89%

They need to localise TLS... 80 29.30%

Don't care. It doesn't have HD graphics 28 10.26%

Total:272

The drought may be due to some games also being pushed back.  Still I feel Wii has lost all its novelty.

Give me 3DS games I dont even think Ill buy Zelda Xeno or Last Story by the time they launch.

Give me 3D Candy!!!!! lol

Around the Network

^^^^ yes but its not like its been relegated just this year, it seems that they just focus too much on the holiday, why not fall, spring, or hell even summer?? But as people have said they dont get good 3rd party support, and Ninty can only make so much games in house. 

@albion i agree with the "novelty" part to a certain extent. the whole motion thing was hijacked and (IMO) done better by the comp. (maybe not Kinect) but im still holding out hope for a Mario Tennis/Golf. If i get that and they dont suck ill never say anything negative about Wii

i didnt know the wii needed saving...

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

oniyide said:

@albion i agree with the "novelty" part to a certain extent. the whole motion thing was hijacked and (IMO) done better by the comp. (maybe not Kinect) but im still holding out hope for a Mario Tennis/Golf. If i get that and they dont suck ill never say anything negative about Wii

Motion controls novelty is so dead to me, I dont even want to buy the move and the Xbox thing-a-mabob.

Strew Motion BS. It died cause of to many shovel ware

Nintendo needs to drop that Dog. and Totaly go For Graphics and 3D GoGoGo~~!!!

Around the Network

save the Wii....from what!?  from it's 86 million userbase, from it's 10m sellers!?

it's true Wii is left on the side for the moment as Nintendo focuses on 3DS, and it's normal

maybe Nintendo will get back to it

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I never really do get the whole "Wii is doomed" thing. I really don't see it. Every holiday season, the Wii sells dramamtically more than the HD systems do to the point it pretty much makes up for all the slagging sales through the year.

The question should be - Does Nintendo need to do anything in order to save the Wii? Does the Wii need saving?

Granted, I'm a PC gamer mostly, so ultimately, Im detatched from the console "wars" going on. But from the outside in, it all seems to break even by the end of the year. Since the launch, the Wii never broke the 50% marketshare barrier. 5 years later, it's only lost around 4% marketshare. In a hypothetical situation, with no new systems released, the Wii could retain over 40% marketshare 5 years from now.

So, I don't get what all the "doom" is about. Is it just wishful thinking by the HD crowd? It can't be based on facts, because the numbers don't line up.

I think the only thing Nintendo needs to do is try to win back some of the "core" audience with games for them, so they finish off this generation with a good start into next generation. Lord knows they have enough money to operate at a loss for the next 20 years if they so decided to build a mega system. Of course, this is Nintendo, that's not what they do.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Doesn't need saving, or does saving in this case consitute being in first again? Sorry, didn't read the op so don't know what you covered.

Nintendo must cut the price (the sales go easily up); release TLS and Xenoblade in NA and EMEAA; announce the release date of Zelda. The way is that. I think wii is not yet dead

• more 3rd party core games
  • in house new ip`s
  • ditch freind codes
  • bundle classic controller with every wii

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...