By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Big 3 Gaming Divisions Profits since 2000

Seece said:
Munkeh111 said:

What are the Sony and M$ figures then? I thought Sony did release figures for just Gaming, but it is EED for M$ or something like that? which includes Zune and WP7?

They use to, now they report Networked Products & Services division (Playstation products, Vaio PCs and other devices)

What Sony and MS figures are you asking for? .....

I was just asking what they were as they are not just PlayStation and Xbox

Around the Network
ivanpgcs said:

table with more years:

Wow Nintendo

VERY much appreciated, can work out how much the PS division has made since PS1's inception now!!

Munkeh111 said:
Seece said:
Munkeh111 said:

What are the Sony and M$ figures then? I thought Sony did release figures for just Gaming, but it is EED for M$ or something like that? which includes Zune and WP7?

They use to, now they report Networked Products & Services division (Playstation products, Vaio PCs and other devices)

What Sony and MS figures are you asking for? .....

I was just asking what they were as they are not just PlayStation and Xbox

Oh sorry, thought you were asking for actual figures. Yeah Sony only changed in recent years, MS has always been EDD AFAIK

Seece said:
ivanpgcs said:

table with more years:

Wow Nintendo

VERY much appreciated, can work out how much the PS division has made since PS1's inception now!!

This is exactly what I wanted!! Thank You

So sony are in the region of $500 mill - $1.5B in the black for the PS division since 1995. Could have come dangerously close to crossing into red ink ...

Around the Network

This is Liquid Ninja's thread on the same topic... though he stopped updating it.... includes Sega as well which should be interesting.

I believe the figures in $ are all converted using what the Yen-$ rate was in that year so it should be accurate (rather than figuring out the Yen profit in total then converting to $ based on only 1 exchange rate)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=57802).

This is Liquid Ninja's thread on the same topic... though he stopped updating it.... includes Sega as well which should be interesting.

I believe the figures in $ are all converted using what the Yen-$ rate was in that year so it should be accurate (rather than figuring out the Yen profit in total then converting to $ based on only 1 exchange rate)

TWRoO said:

Figures look wrong to me, I already went back and looked at past MS financials on their site and his figures don't match theirs.

Wow... that's a scary amount of money for Nintendo. I wonder if they'll use any of that to go all out in future generations...

VGChartz

Nintendo has the thing on lock and always have!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo