By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Big 3 Gaming Divisions Profits since 2000

SONY lost 2 billion in the gaming sector over the past 10 years, all because of the PS3 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Wow... that's a scary amount of money for Nintendo. I wonder if they'll use any of that to go all out in future generations...

Reports state that Nintendo has been investing Mega millions (500 million) into R&D 

Doing what SONY did for the PS3 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Huh? GC was more profitable than PS2?

Really?

morenoingrato said:

Really?

No. Try reading the thread or actually thinking for a second, Nintendo had a handheld at the same time, and Nitnendo didn't always outsell Sony, they were pretty much even.

Galaki said:

WTF!? GC made more money than PS2?

PS2 was sold at a loss, just like every Sony console.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

Really?

it wasnt the gamecube division, it was Nintendo as a whole, gameboy, remember?

Sony never cared because until 2009, they have always made tons of profit asa whole just like MS. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Gilgamesh said:
Galaki said:

WTF!? GC made more money than PS2?

PS2 was sold at a loss, just like every Sony console.

Some more than others. Some a lot more than other. Some a lot, lot, lot more than others.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

someone please explain to me why microsoft made the 360, when the original xbox failed so hard.. okay, ms made the righ thing there after all, but well.. still.. it was risky.

and i was thinking that ms and sony would make a little bit more money in general. ^^ (Nintendo is just scary though.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

nice graph,

even sony have squeaked a little profit

Above & Beyond

That is a good-looking graph, Seece. How soon after Sony releases Q3 figures will you be able to update?