By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Big 3 Gaming Divisions Profits since 2000

Galaki said:

WTF!? GC made more money than PS2?

They had Gameboy in this period as well. Factoring that in I think the PS2 was more profitable.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

WTF!? GC made more money than PS2?

GameCube and Gameboy Advance

AussieGecko said:

wow nintendo is a profit machine and i thought sony was making money now

They are, kinda ...

Q1 - -$43M
Q2 - $84M

Total so far $41M

Great work. I'm glad this thread has come to life, it will help a lot in some discussions.

I knew Nintendo made a fuck load of profit, but still...

Around the Network

Yowch at Nintendo's FY 2011 so far. 3DS ought to improve things a little, though, and FY 2012 should be phenomenal again with 3DS all the way through.

EDIT - By the way, would you happen to know what other products are included in the MS/Sony gaming divisions?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Seeing it all layed out in a pretty graph like this really makes one wonder why Sony went for the loss leading strategy again with the NGP. Clearly Nintendo's strategy is superior and if I were a Sony investor I'd be asking about this.

Well done Seece...everyone likes colorful graphs.

disolitude said:

Well done Seece...everyone likes colorful graphs.

Not everyone will like this one.

puffy said:

Seeing it all layed out in a pretty graph like this really makes one wonder why Sony went for the loss leading strategy again with the NGP. Clearly Nintendo's strategy is superior and if I were a Sony investor I'd be asking about this.

Well we don't yet know that Sony is going to go with a loss leading strategy with the NGP but I agree with you. I don't understand why Sony ,or MS for that matter, doesn't adopt Nintendo's strategy.