By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 vs Killzone 2 [Lens of Truth] MP Comparison

ssj12 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Crisis 2 looks photo realistic while KZ2 looks great and has dust blowing around and it has a sense of atmosphire. Thats why I think KZ2 is the better looking game. Theres more going on in KZ2 and it has better kill animations and blood splatters.

KZ3 is gonna blow Crisis 2 out of the water

Realism is the name of the game. Even Killzone is trying to create a realistic fictional world. Its a matter of how realistic the devs can make the games.

And I doubt it, Crysis and Crysis: Warhead were amazing games better then Killzone 2. It won't compare to Crysis 2 in anyway. It will still be fun though, I'll get it eventually.

Still even Crysis 2 is going to suck compared to an extremely well done shooters like Battlefield 3 and Half-Life 2: Episode 3. And the next Unreal Tournament will be just as good too.

Well I'm not saying KZ2 does look better than Crisis 2 but what I am saying is that "I think it looks better in my opinion". To my preferance I like how KZ2 has atmosphire and it shows you this unstable planet with dust blowing everywhere and lightning in the stormy skies and shit. While other people will think Crisis 2 looks better because its photo realistic and thats there opinion.

Also I'm not talking about the PC versions of crisis 2. I know how Crisis 1 and Warhead looked but you really can't compare consols to PCs. Thats like bringing a gun into a knife fight.  As far as consols go KZ3 is looking photo realistic and it comes with all the dust blowing and smoke everywhere. I havn't seen both games up close on my HDTV yet but from the videos posted online KZ3 is looking like the better game right now.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Well I'm not saying KZ2 does look better than Crisis 2 but what I am saying is that "I think it looks better in my opinion". To my preferance I like how KZ2 has atmosphire and it shows you this unstable planet with dust blowing everywhere and lightning in the stormy skies and shit. While other people will think Crisis 2 looks better because its photo realistic and thats there opinion.

Also I'm not talking about the PC versions of crisis 2. I know how Crisis 1 and Warhead looked but you really can't compare consols to PCs. Thats like bringing a gun into a knife fight.  As far as consols go KZ3 is looking photo realistic and it comes with all the dust blowing and smoke everywhere. I havn't seen both games up close on my HDTV yet but from the videos posted online KZ3 is looking like the better game right now.

Normally on gaming websites people misspell crisis with crysis, not the other way around

Lol I'm probably one of the people who would spell crisis like crysis when speaking about a crisis lol.

Scoobes said:

360 multiplayer demo vs PS3 exclusive? Not sure it's fair to compare a game that's not currently released to an exclusive, especially when the demo is multiplayer. We have no idea of how the single player will look or if they needed to make compromises for the MP portion.

A better comparison will be to see the PS3 versions of both. Obviously with the PC version it will be no contest.

that is why they compared it to killzone multiplayer

mchaza said:

i am getting Crysis 2 for PC and killzone 3 for PS3 

But what i can say is that they have 2 different art styles, Killzone 3 is more dark which is suppose to repersent the grim horrible world of the helghast while crysis is an ultra realistic take and its bright sunny day on the new york roof tops. 

of course you are getting killzone 3 for ps3

Mummelmann said:

Uhm, they're comparing a game that released two whole years ago with a game that isn't even out yet and is effectively one software (engine) generation ahead? In the genre that is the most known for good visuals and tech implementation? How silly! Next, they'll compared Forza 2 to Forza 3 and find, amazingly, that Forza 3 looks better!

And don't forget to give props to video game journalism my man ;)

Around the Network
Xen said:
Mummelmann said:

Uhm, they're comparing a game that released two whole years ago with a game that isn't even out yet and is effectively one software (engine) generation ahead? In the genre that is the most known for good visuals and tech implementation? How silly! Next, they'll compared Forza 2 to Forza 3 and find, amazingly, that Forza 3 looks better!

And don't forget to give props to video game journalism my man ;)

Of course not! All hail!

Uh, why is one in a dark dank sewer and one outside? That's not a comparison, that's something you put in a forum because it agrees with the point that you wanted to make, and would make regardless of any facts.

Trentonater said:
Scoobes said:

360 multiplayer demo vs PS3 exclusive? Not sure it's fair to compare a game that's not currently released to an exclusive, especially when the demo is multiplayer. We have no idea of how the single player will look or if they needed to make compromises for the MP portion.

A better comparison will be to see the PS3 versions of both. Obviously with the PC version it will be no contest.

that is why they compared it to killzone multiplayer

Point is more that single player is where the graphics are usually best and both can crank it up. Even Uncharted 2 has lower texture res in the characters in multiplayer.