By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 vs Killzone 2 [Lens of Truth] MP Comparison

i was so impressed with my xbox when i was playing crysis didnt think graphics could be that good but in saying that i might get crysis on pc since i just got it but only if i can play with the xbox controller

Around the Network

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

''Where not saying that Crysis 2 explosions looked bad, its  just that Killzone 2’s explosions and soft particle effects looked more fluid and robust.''

lol.

Uhm, they're comparing a game that released two whole years ago with a game that isn't even out yet and is effectively one software (engine) generation ahead? In the genre that is the most known for good visuals and tech implementation? How silly! Next, they'll compared Forza 2 to Forza 3 and find, amazingly, that Forza 3 looks better!

Mummelmann said:

Uhm, they're comparing a game that released two whole years ago with a game that isn't even out yet and is effectively one software (engine) generation ahead? In the genre that is the most known for good visuals and tech implementation? How silly! Next, they'll compared Forza 2 to Forza 3 and find, amazingly, that Forza 3 looks better!

Why would they compare games that are on the SAME console, that would be even more silly, there is nobody to rile up that way

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

The dude playing kz2 sucks but I can see that he's a noob lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Porcupine_I said:
Mummelmann said:

Why would they compare games that are on the SAME console, that would be even more silly, there is nobody to rile up that way

Dammit, you're right, back to the drawing board!

Solid-Stark said:

I remember reading an article once on this site that Crysis 2 on PS3 was slightly suprior than the xbox version because of the cell.

IMO Battlefield BC2 has the best multiplatform graphics (well that i have played/seen). And crysis 2 on xbox seems to edge it, but definitly better on lighting. It definitely beats KZ2 in colors but overall about the same.

nope they said aspects were better on each consoles.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

nickvasko said:

killzone 2 wins, the only thing crysis2 has over killzone is that it has brighter colors lol

It's a multiplatform game multiplayer beta.

Get over it.

Flawed comparison is flawed.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

disolitude said:

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

Good lighting, but the textures are not even on par with Gears 2. I agree that only U2 and GOW3 are the only games that overpassed the competition by a small margin.