By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 vs Killzone 2 [Lens of Truth] MP Comparison

ssj12 said:

And think, the MP demo of trhe 360 has inferior graphics then what the main launch version will have and even that will be vastly inferior to the PC version.

And nobody cares.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

that Kz2 level is REALLY big, with lots of open areas and it can support 31 AIs running around and shooting you in Elite difficulty. Level design in Kz2 does NOT mean the game can't do it, you'll see this in Kz3.

even if the game has a static camera, the game runs @60fps most of the time, and with the level of detail, and effects, you can't say the game isn't a powerhouse...in fact, the game won most of the graphic awards in 2010... pretty sure that if you cut the framerate to 30fps, you can have a free camera with that detail, and much more.

talking about LOT comparison, which is pretty interesting btw.... to me, it looks that KZ2 does much more things better than Crysis 2....

Anti-Aliasing: Kz2 does a proper QAA all the time, while C2 is selective and does not affect the whole screen.

Texture Filtering: Check this images...compare this C2 screenshot

http://www.lensoftruth.com/wp-content/gallery/h2h_killzone2_vs_crysis2/image8.jpg

with this Kz2 screenshot

http://www.lensoftruth.com/wp-content/gallery/h2h_killzone2_vs_crysis2/image10.jpg

Particles: Check the explosion comparisons, clearly Kz2 has the advantange on this.

Polycount: Again Kz2 looks to exceed C2 in this department.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/wp-content/gallery/h2h_killzone2_vs_crysis2/image14.jpg

Post-Processing: I don't even have to compare this.

And the action in Kz2 is much MUCH bigger than the action in C2....

besides all this, WTH happens at the beggining of the video in C2 when the guy shoots the window? why does it explodes into pieces!? the same happens with everything destructible, the LCDTVs have more "life" than the actual enemies! it takes like 10 bullets to destroy a LCD panel...try to shoot to a light source and see if that light source dissapears...this exact details are the things that shows how downgraded the cryengine3 is on consoles.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

disolitude said:

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

O_O'

Killzone 2 had a number of small areas indeed but there were some maps that were pretty open. Also, even the smaller maps would have certain areas that were pretty open and would get very hectic in gametypes like search and destroy. Their'd be tons of bots placed around and a ton of soldiers working on one area. This was also the case in Botzone with 15 AI's around and in one spot. The framerate held up just fine and everything.

If that's not open enough for you then I'd like to hear what you think of Killzone 3 when that finally arrives. 

I would say that arguably Crysis 2 was designed less with the shortcomings of console hardware in mind so therefore the art style and techniques they use only really shine when applied to a platfrom which can smooth out the rough edges which pop up on consoles, I.E. PC. The visual technology of Crysis 2 is almost certainly better than even Killzone 3 however the gap will be bridged somewhat by excellent art work and focused design from Guerilla Games on Killzone 3.

Tease.

Crysis 2 has more realistic graphics with a higher polygon count and slightly sharper pixels, but Killzone has a more dark and gritter Sci-Fi look to it and overall has a much better visual appeal. It has way better animations, It has some amazing particles and physics engines and overall a better graphical style. The guns have better recoil and aren't bitch sounding which overall add to the graphics and the sound which the Cryengine 3 is sussposed to have "the best" of.

Around the Network

I never realized how dark and green KZ2 looked.
Crysis 2 looks so much better! Although I'm not sure which one is better on a technical level. Crysis 2 looks a lot bright and cleaner, which makes it more interesting to look at.

ameratsu said:

These comparisons are for fucking morons. What... you're at a game store and you've got it narrowed down to KZ2 and Crysis 2 for some reason, and this video tips the scales? Probably not, you're just a dumb fanboy who uses this garbage to feel superior about your choice of console.

Exactly this.

Fanboy ammo in some fruitless forum war.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

nightsurge said:
ssj12 said:

And think, the MP demo of trhe 360 has inferior graphics then what the main launch version will have and even that will be vastly inferior to the PC version.

And nobody cares.

thats because you guys are blind to the truth. Crysis 2 looks better then Killzone 3. And the PC version is better than that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Actaully 1152 x 720 is still considered HD and the lack of [Real Time Global Lighting] talk proves that these are bunch of noobs with capture card out to make a name for themselves.

ssj12 said:
nightsurge said:
ssj12 said:

And nobody cares.

thats because you guys are blind to the truth. Crysis 2 looks better then Killzone 3. And the PC version is better than that.

Neither of the games are yet released so I don't see how someone is "blind".