By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 vs Killzone 2 [Lens of Truth] MP Comparison

disolitude said:

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

God of War is been like that since god of war 1 so that point is invalid. They should make it rotatable just to prove that its a visual powerhouse?

Killzone 2 is around as linear as gears of war and Mass effect.....Oh boy that means we shouldn't appreciate any games for their graphics(although Mass effect 2 does have better character models).

I don't see the point of making all games open. The explosions on killzone 2 are just something else, and if guerilla wants to make an open game with good graphics, then they would have, simple. Most fps are linear.

People also downplay Uncharted 2 graphics saying it has bad AI. Now that,..is just ridiculous.

Around the Network

what a poor comparison, compare KZ3 to C2 they are launching similar times. 

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

Now the question is: Does KZ3 have better graphics than KZ2?

"Being single is easier on the gaming life, and the wallet."

Toastrules said:
Skeeuk said:

The answer is: Yes

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
Toastrules said:
Skeeuk said:

The answer is: Yes

Fuck yes LOL

And wow, Killzone 2 looks better on that vid. Awful map though.

Around the Network

I actually read the title and it was only when I started watching the video that I noticed it was KZ2 they were comparing, not KZ3.

As for only U3 and GOW3 being the only impressive tech displays from first party, KZ2 still looks fantastic to this day, I don't think any other console FPS comes within a country mile of it in the visuals department.

thats the first time i seen crysis and it looks good but the map layout looks shit imo they picked a bad map for killzone and a bad player

These comparisons are for fucking morons. What... you're at a game store and you've got it narrowed down to KZ2 and Crysis 2 for some reason, and this video tips the scales? Probably not, you're just a dumb fanboy who uses this garbage to feel superior about your choice of console. 

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

mantlepiecek said:
disolitude said:

Out of the 3 PS3 action exclusive visual powerhouses, I only give props to Uncharted 2. That game is the real deal.

The other 2...

Sure it looks amazing but Killzone 2 has rediculously small areas and gun battles are much smaller in scope than a lot of FPS games I like to play. Open up those gunplay areas and include lots of enemy AI units Guerrilla and then lets see what  happens to the visuals.

And god of war 3 has static camera. Sure they can polish the shit out of the 1 perspective you are allowed to see but not being able to move the camera takes away from the visual engagement and actually hurts the visuals in my books.

As far as Crysis 2, its gonna look good on consoles but anyone expecting industry leading level visuals(on consoles) may be dissapointed. Crytek engines have always been resource hogs and consoles don't pack enough firepower to allow this game to soar as high as it can.

God of War is been like that since god of war 1 so that point is invalid. They should make it rotatable just to prove that its a visual powerhouse?

Killzone 2 is around as linear as gears of war and Mass effect.....Oh boy that means we shouldn't appreciate any games for their graphics(although Mass effect 2 does have better character models).

I don't see the point of making all games open. The explosions on killzone 2 are just something else, and if guerilla wants to make an open game with good graphics, then they would have, simple. Most fps are linear.

People also downplay Uncharted 2 graphics saying it has bad AI. Now that,..is just ridiculous.

God of war games had static camera last gen...but there is a reason its called "last gen". Im not criticizing the game, but its clear that it looks as it does due to the fact the camera is static. They most likely don't render anything else but the viewpoint of the player.

And no one is saying Killzon 2 needed to be open world. Games can be linear, and still have larger battles and more enemies. Games like Bad Company 2 and Halo reach dwarf killzone 2 when it comes to battlefield area and number of enemy units. Don't get me wrong, Killzone 2 is fun and it looks amazing...but it would be even more fun if they opened up the gunfight area footprint to even more carnage.

Hopefully Killzone 3 will deliver on this front...

horrible aim by the killzone 2 guy from 0:34-0:39