By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Michael-5 said:
sully1311 said:

Gap has increased to 4.1 million now

4.6 million, and it decreased since PS3 outsold the 360.

Clear your cache. Or just go to the worldwide weekly page.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

lol i think LBP2 has little to do with sales of hardware. I would say it is more to do with it being hacked so people are buying to hack it.

The only thing that disappoints me is what the hacks have caused to PS3 games like COD etc..

I am all for homebrew I just wish those few wankers wouldn't ruin games.

Sadly if this continues I reckon i will by all my multi platform games on 360 and exclusives on PS3.

postofficebuddy said:
Michael-5 said:
sully1311 said:

:O!!

Still a decrease.

Note, they may edit Americas sales too, so it could jump back up to 4.6 million. I noticed they made mass adjustments for the last 3 weeks in EMEAA, but not in other regions.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

GT5 sales droped this week. GT4, week 9 in EMEAA sold 75k, GT5 sold 45k. Do you not see the difference? Two weeks ago GT5 was above 100k in EMEAA alone.

I see that... but it's early to say because just the three first week got adjusted now and GT4 drop to below 20k in EMEAA before topped 3m... GT5 already toped 3m (3.2m now) before drop to below 40k.

So GT5 sales are way better than GT4 sales... the GAP is near 1m in GT5 favor for EMEAA... could became the best selling GT in EMEAA so far.

Michael-5 said:
postofficebuddy said:
Michael-5 said:
sully1311 said:

Still a decrease.

Note, they may edit Americas sales too, so it could jump back up to 4.6 million. I noticed they made mass adjustments for the last 3 weeks in EMEAA, but not in other regions.

If you read back in the thread you would see that there was another adjustment making the gap 3.9mil, hence why it I said it has increased to 4.1mil

Around the Network

PS3 = WTF happened?

ethomaz said:
Michael-5 said:

GT5 sales droped this week. GT4, week 9 in EMEAA sold 75k, GT5 sold 45k. Do you not see the difference? Two weeks ago GT5 was above 100k in EMEAA alone.

I see that... but it's early to say because just the three first week got adjusted now and GT4 drop to below 20k in EMEAA before topped 3m... GT5 already toped 3m (3.2m now) before drop to below 40k.

So GT5 sales are way better than GT4 sales... the GAP is near 1m in GT5 favor for EMEAA... could became the best selling GT in EMEAA so far.

My answer, holiday boost, but your right, it's too early to tell. I expect GT5 sales to continue dropping like GT4 sales. If GT4 sales dropped to 20k weekly  in the first 20 weeks, I expect GT5 to drop even lower.

Also the gap in EMEAA is about 600k, not near 1 million. So by the time GT5 reaches 3.5 million in EMEAA weekly sales should be 20k or lower.

You're free to your own opinion, I'm just pointing out how drastically sales dropped after the holidays, to below GT4 weekly sales. Thus I feel it will have weaker legs.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Wow huge adjustment to 360. Personally i think it is the right thing to do. If the site honestly has no clue what a console is selling in a region then going with the company numbers makes perfect sense.

However to do it a few hours before the official numbers are released is a bit strange. With adjustments for the quarter sees vgc predict 7m to be announced. Anything higher/lower then that will just mean re-adjustments. But if it is badly over like 1 or 2 million over i think it will confirm that the site can't track EMEAA as accurately anymore.

It would also mean the same thing must apply to both nintendo and sony products. The Wii was over-tracked by at least a million in the just announced results. And our numbers have PS3 for the same quarter at around 6.4m . Anything lower/higher then that and they must be adjusted acordingly. Once doing it that way you can't just chop and change to suit your daily mood. As someone else mentioned the adjustments make so many past threads now look stupid.

sully1311 said:
Michael-5 said:
postofficebuddy said:
Michael-5 said:
sully1311 said:

Still a decrease.

If you read back in the thread you would see that there was another adjustment making the gap 3.9mil, hence why it I said it has increased to 4.1mil

:O!!! Thanks for clearing that up, I did barge in mid-thread.

Right. Adjustments for the 360 and PS3 based on what? I'd like to know.

LBP2, I expected it to do more judging from the ad campaign in the UK.

ME2... Year old port of a story driven game. Dunno what people expected but I think its alright. Not terrible, not excellent. "Meh" would be a good word to describe it