By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
milkyjoe said:

I hope people aren't picking up ME2 on PSN if the price of it here is anything to go by... £48 on PSN vs ~£38 elsewhere.

If anyone has gone for the PSN version here then they need their heads examining...

I wouldn't buy it from PSN myself but the fact is a lot of people will download for convenience at a higher price.

I know some and even though I point this out nicely (they're my friends after all) they just indicate (somewhat less politely I should note) that they don't care... or words to that effect.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Wow @ The Adjustment.

So we're back to less than 4M gap again.

er no.

To be fair the front page did show less than 4m for a bit - I was surprised to see it show 3.9 million gap or thereabouts for a while.

I'm not going to quote any numbers until the changes stop, too easy to get caught looking like you can't add up.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

Right. Adjustments for the 360 and PS3 based on what? I'd like to know.

LBP2, I expected it to do more judging from the ad campaign in the UK.

ME2... Year old port of a story driven game. Dunno what people expected but I think its alright. Not terrible, not excellent. "Meh" would be a good word to describe it

Yeah I described ME2 as poor.. which even given the old port aspect I stand by.  Not sure why anyone is wowed by the LBP number, its ok, pretty good... nothing more, it is getting advertised to hell in the UK.

The real dog here is DCuniverse... someone recently suggested it may be a system seller...  it cant even sell itself.

I think you fail to understand what are typical launch sizes for non WOW MMOs. Even the highly succesfull in initial weeks Age of Conan and Warhammer Online had something around 400-600k players in a month.

So over 150k on PS3 in first week is as expected. And DC isn't that huge in Europe.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

We need a price cut for Wii, Nintendo.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

Adjustments go back to January first.

I'm a little dissapointed at LBP2 sales, how much did LBP1 get week 1? I was expecting this game to get around 750k week 1, so in EMEAA that would mean at least 350k.

I'm also HUGELY dissapointed at Mass Effect 2 sales. It's an amazing game, I wish they ported ME1 to the PS3 as well so Sony fans can truely appreciate the game.

Finally 360 software is dissapointed in in general, except for Kinect brand games and FIFA 11. Halo Reach only sold 10k? and where is Forza 3?

As for GT5, I was expecting it to drop in sales. People didn't beleive me when I said holiday boost, but now GT5 weekly sales should stay below GT4 weekly sales.

I really think you should be honest Michael. You expected GT5 to do much worse in sales than GT4 (remember we debated this in the "GT5 will fail to sell" thread). Now it hasn't (in fact, it's done fantastic thus far), and you still have a hard time giving it it's due credit without downsizing it in some way. I don't really want to debate anything further, you're entitled to your opinion, but you haven't been consistent and I've observed it several times since the game released.

Anyway OT: I'm not surprised about the adjustment at all (we have them every year and PS3 usually benefits the most). How we got to them, OK cool, let's hear about it, but it's not that big a deal.

LBP2 seems to have opened higher than it's predecessor, which is never a bad thing.

GT5 continues to hold strong.

It's not that big of a deal when a console is adjusted out of the blue by almost 2 million units? What's a big deal then?

I mean, as an observer of this site for almost two years, I can honestly say that we don't have the foggiest clue what actually goes on in EMEAA.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Very very very off-topic bt its for uni coursework!!

Does anybody know have the thread link for the table that shows the financial results for sce, edd and nintendo??!

Adjustments again. 360 @ 51M and PS3 at 46.9M

Total gap 4.1M

Man PS3 your doing amazing for a 3rd place console.

Ouch for sales across the board, although, I would like to say that LBP2 pretty much met my expectations, and many others!

Wonder why the Wii had such a huge drop anyway? And nice to see PS3 on top!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wagram said:

Adjustments again. 360 @ 51M and PS3 at 46.9M

Total gap 4.1M

Man PS3 your doing amazing for a 3rd place console.

I think we all knew pretty much that this gen would have no "losers", just "lesser winners"

Calling the PS3, or even the PSP, a loser when they've sold 47mil and 70mil respectively is unfair and unjust. Both are successes, however, in the wake of previous performances and Nintendo this gen, the sales haven't been quite as good...but I expect it to keep on selling long after Nintendo and the Wii!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Wait a minute what were the overall numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3 before the adjustments?