By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Xbox 360 was slighty above the PS3 last week now its the other way around.

Around the Network
Biddles said:

Wait a minute what were the overall numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3 before the adjustments?

Before...

Wii: 84,821,070
360: 51,275,729
PS3: 46,691,147

After (not counting this EMEAA numbers)...

Wii: 84,266,870 (down ~600k)
360: 50,947,114 (down ~300k)
PS3: 46,780,055 (up ~100k)

* Previous numbers got here: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83653/2011-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-january-15th/
* New numbers got here: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40566

Edit - Yeah I checked again... PS3 up after adjustments.

woah...was not expecting the PS3 to be on top and the DS that low....interesting week.

milkyjoe said:

I hope people aren't picking up ME2 on PSN if the price of it here is anything to go by... £48 on PSN vs ~£38 elsewhere.

If anyone has gone for the PSN version here then they need their heads examining...

Well, you can share the game with up to 5 persons, there's a good chance I'm buying it digital instead of disc just because of that. In the end, it will be much much cheaper then the disc version.

RafaelOrix said:
milkyjoe said:

I hope people aren't picking up ME2 on PSN if the price of it here is anything to go by... £48 on PSN vs ~£38 elsewhere.

If anyone has gone for the PSN version here then they need their heads examining...

Well, you can share the game with up to 5 persons, there's a good chance I'm buying it digital instead of disc just because of that. In the end, it will be much much cheaper then the disc version.

I guees you not can share ME2... just like Warhank.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
RafaelOrix said:
milkyjoe said:

You can't? I thought sharing was standard on PSN, so my point is irrelevant lol.

RafaelOrix said:
ethomaz said:
RafaelOrix said:
milkyjoe said:

You can't? I thought sharing was standard on PSN, so my point is irrelevant lol.

Some games not... I guess ME2 is one of them but I didn't test.

arcane_chaos said:

woah...was not expecting the PS3 to be on top and the DS that low....interesting week.

I expected DS to drop. 3DS is coming out in 2 months time people are waiting.

PS3 I am sure is staying steady cause of pirates boosting sales. Hopefully some software will be bought by them lol.

Cobretti2 said:
arcane_chaos said:

PS3 I am sure is staying steady cause of pirates boosting sales. Hopefully some software will be bought by them lol.

More likely the LittleBigPlanet 2... the others consoles had a 15-10% drop and PS3 hold because the LBP2... just it... next week PS3 will be a bigger drop than 360/Wii.

ethomaz said:
Cobretti2 said:
arcane_chaos said:

More likely the LittleBigPlanet 2... the others consoles had a 15-10% drop and PS3 hold because the LBP2... just it... next week PS3 will be a bigger drop than 360/Wii.

Its waaayyy too soon for PS3 sales to be affected by piracy. the only people who even know about the hack are mainly avid gamers, like the ones on this forum.

the mass market has not got sufficent access or knowledge on how to pirate games, and the pirates could no way distribute games to Europe this quicky.

these numbers have just gone back to pre-Christmas hoiiday numbers when PS3 was outselling both Wii and 360 after the adjustments that happened late last year. we could see this trend since last week when PS3 was close to Wii numbers. LBP2 gave it a good edge this week.

either way its looks like Japan wont be the only place PS3 will win this year, barring of course what will happen in the holiday season.