By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Why is Silent Hill Downpour PS3/360 exclusive?*

You can't put a scary game like Silent Hill on the Wii all the soccer mums and grannies playing will die of a heart attack.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Around the Network

I thought I was going to have to throw some numbers around to bring sense to this conversation, but it seems Maxwell already did.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Mr.Metralha said:
Doobie_wop said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Homecoming (360/PS3 combined) sold more units at full price than Shattered (Wii only).

My granpa and my granma (combined) ate more peanuts than me alone (me only).

Therefore they combined eat more peanuts than me.

I want the Nobel prize for combination, now.

I'm sick of people who combine sales from 2 platforms against 1 platform alone.

That's the exact thought process publishers are going through though. If it's going to cost an extra $50,000 to port a game to the PS3, but it's guaranteed that the port will sell at least 300,000 units, then it'd be more financially viable to create one game and put it on two platforms for a low cost. If they developed the game for the Wii, they'd have to put much more effort into something that they aren't guaranteed to make their money back on, especially if that time and effort could go towards other games.

Your thinking about it from the perspective of a Nintendo fan trying to win an argument, but you should be trying to see it from the perspective of the publisher.

From the perspective of a publisher - which I don't give a fuck in this situation and only HD fans use and spin it to try to win arugments - they don't give a fuck about you and me, or whatever it is. They want money and they will pump out any crap or any good game at the same time (even if it is a gloryfied expansion or buggy) on whatever platform they see fit.

That's not the question.

Question is, some people just love to merge sales from to different platforms two make another look bad. Nintendo being in first place is such a pain in the ass for so many people that it is laughable.

Italics; almost as many as those annoyed by the poor 3rd party support on the Wii. Yes, I went there, your posts reek of bitterness towards publishers and developers this generation. Like Doobie_Wop said; there's no sense in thinking like a fan or a consumer (you said as much yourself, actually, they don't give a fuck about us), you have to see it from their perspective. Like it or not, the Wii has been labelled a poor 3rd party software mover and that's a fact, even the Epic Mickey studio have had to halve their staff recently despite the title doing very well. Not all games on the Wii are automatically profitable and magically make any publisher and developer rich and happy and this seems to both vex and puzzle a lot of people in here at times.

Doobie_wop said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Doobie_wop said:
Mr.Metralha said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Homecoming (360/PS3 combined) sold more units at full price than Shattered (Wii only).

My granpa and my granma (combined) ate more peanuts than me alone (me only).

Therefore they combined eat more peanuts than me.

I want the Nobel prize for combination, now.

I'm sick of people who combine sales from 2 platforms against 1 platform alone.

That's the exact thought process publishers are going through though. If it's going to cost an extra $50,000 to port a game to the PS3, but it's guaranteed that the port will sell at least 300,000 units, then it'd be more financially viable to create one game and put it on two platforms for a low cost. If they developed the game for the Wii, they'd have to put much more effort into something that they aren't guaranteed to make their money back on, especially if that time and effort could go towards other games.

Your thinking about it from the perspective of a Nintendo fan trying to win an argument, but you should be trying to see it from the perspective of the publisher.

From the perspective of a publisher - which I don't give a fuck in this situation and only HD fans use and spin it to try to win arugments - they don't give a fuck about you and me, or whatever it is. They want money and they will pump out any crap or any good game at the same time (even if it is a gloryfied expansion or buggy) on whatever platform they see fit.

That's not the question.

Question is, some people just love to merge sales from to different platforms two make another look bad. Nintendo being in first place is such a pain in the ass for so many people that it is laughable.

This thread is about why the Wii isn't getting a Silent Hill game though, so the perspective of the publisher is actually kind of relevant..... I don't really think Konami gives a shit about console warriors on forums.

I'm pretty sure if someone asked what was more profitable, Bayonetta or Madworld, then you'd have to include both the PS3/360 versions because they are essentially the main game. Not everyone thinks with a fan mindset, some people actually try and identify with the publisher and their sales, so that they can predict future sales and developments, it's one of the main points of a Sales site.

Really? TBH, I thought it was about not getting a PC version, obviously an absent Wii version is not surprise. Its not the first time an HD multiplatform release doesn't get a Wii version,

My point of adding sales from two different platforms stands though.

Leaving aside historic sales considerations from everything I've seen the game and its engine are being pitched at a level requiring PS3/360 hardware vs Wii.  Obviously they could consider adapting to Wii - dropping resolution, etc. - but just technically it's pretty clear the game is being designed specific to HD console level of graphical performance.

Silent Hill SM shows the series will be supported on Wii too, but it also confirms the idea of a title focused to the platform - after all you could ask why SM wasn't adapted for PS3/360 just as readily as why Downpour isn't being adapted for Wii.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:

Leaving aside historic sales considerations from everything I've seen the game and its engine are being pitched at a level requiring PS3/360 hardware vs Wii.  Obviously they could consider adapting to Wii - dropping resolution, etc. - but just technically it's pretty clear the game is being designed specific to HD console level of graphical performance.

Silent Hill SM shows the series will be supported on Wii too, but it also confirms the idea of a title focused to the platform - after all you could ask why SM wasn't adapted for PS3/360 just as readily as why Downpour isn't being adapted for Wii.

Best sentence in this thread yet LOL.

Reasonable said:

This pretty much, it's the best console for the job like I said earlier, quality is the name of the game and some developers are better at one over the other.  SM was definitely a different type of experience and history has shown those types of games do better on Wii and HC and Downpour are more traditional and as said they're designed with more power in mind.  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

*Sound Of Rain said:

If a Wii version was made I bet it would sell better than the PS3 and 360 version.

LOL

Its always been a PlayStation franchise, 1 and 3 are only on PS1/2 and PC.

Why care anyway, Silent Hill died along with Team Silent.

ocean-1984 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

If a Wii version was made I bet it would sell better than the PS3 and 360 version.

LOL

I was talking about on its best selling system not the 2 together VS the Wii version.