By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Why is Silent Hill Downpour PS3/360 exclusive?*

Mummelmann said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Silent Hill was never a franchise that sold a lot but Silent Hill Shattered Memories has now sold 390K copies and according to VGC is tied for the best selling single system Silent Hill in history. It is tied with Silent Hill Homecoming for the 360 but S.M is likely to reach 400K and it probably costs Konami less money to make as its non HD. 

I know why most publishers don't like to release many "Core" games on the Wii because they tend not to sell well but Shattered Memories is/will become there best selling S.H game yet...

If a Wii version was made I bet it would sell better than the PS3 and 360 version.

And I bet it would not. The quality of the series has gone down the drain, there's no reason for people to buying these games any longer.

Shattered Memories was a very interesting game though!

Around the Network

Our data is off for Silent Hill (most of the European data is missing) but even so, if you think the franchise's peak would be 400k do you think it would be so renound and still be going? I don't think so lol

Silent Hill 2 - "Konami has announced that it has sold over 650,000 copies of its PlayStation 2 survival-horror game in one month since its release. Those sales totals account for both Japanese and North American sales of the game. The company added that to date it has received 350,000 preorders in Europe. Konami forecasts that Silent Hill 2 will surpass the 1 million units sold mark by the time of its European release on November 23. "

Maybe the next Silent Hill game will be on Wii/Wii2.... fingers crossed

-PaNdOrA- said:

Maybe the next Silent Hill game will be on Wii/Wii2.... fingers crossed

Depends, 390k isn't great sales for any platform IMO. They seem to flip flop between Wii and HD. The next game to be a big hit, whichever platform it's on, will likely see a successor, and go from there. So if Downpour is a success (id say at least 800k each, 1.6 mill total) then HD will likely see the next SH.

Chrizum said:
Mummelmann said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Silent Hill was never a franchise that sold a lot but Silent Hill Shattered Memories has now sold 390K copies and according to VGC is tied for the best selling single system Silent Hill in history. It is tied with Silent Hill Homecoming for the 360 but S.M is likely to reach 400K and it probably costs Konami less money to make as its non HD. 

I know why most publishers don't like to release many "Core" games on the Wii because they tend not to sell well but Shattered Memories is/will become there best selling S.H game yet...

If a Wii version was made I bet it would sell better than the PS3 and 360 version.

And I bet it would not. The quality of the series has gone down the drain, there's no reason for people to buying these games any longer.

Shattered Memories was a very interesting game though!

It was different but to me just showed what happens to a decent game with mediocre production values and sporadic execution. The survival horror genre as a whole are taking the action route (like all other genres...) and Shattered Memories swam upstream from this, I can respect that at the very least!

Around the Network

Vgchartz doesn't have SH1 and 2 data, I think both sold well over a million..... and @ op, they gave us SH:SM to make up the fact we won't get Downpour.

Edit: SM outsold Homecoming on 360??? :O

oh wow another "waaah, why wont you make that game for my system of choice!?" thread. you got a Silent Hill and that game was far from the best one, sales wise and reception wise

oniyide said:

oh wow another "waaah, why wont you make that game for my system of choice!?" thread. you got a Silent Hill and that game was far from the best one, sales wise and reception wise

ALthough I don't agree with the thread fully, SM was a great game, and cosidering it outsold HC, Konami should have been a little more gratefull.

Lol, I thought this thread was going to be about the game not being released on PC, I wasn't even expecting the Wii :P

I hope they announce it for PC.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

@morenoingrato  it was ok, not great but not bad IMHO. Homecoming was nothing to write home about either. I think sales kinda reflect that. As for being grateful, its not like there crapping on the Wii and saying Shattered memories was a failure. They just wanna advance the SH franchise and to do that there utlizing the HD hardware