By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think the 3DS price will drop quickly?

Nintendo 3DS isn't gonna drop it's price until like 2014.

Around the Network
Christian973 said:

I really don't understand what's the big deal with the price. The PSP and Wii launched at this price. What's the problem? Nintendo is being generous pricing it at 249.99 when they could have gone for way more and for what you're getting in the 3DS, $250 is a steal in my opinion.

More people need to read this

Personally, I would love it to be cheaper, or better yet free! :D - - - - - but honestly, I think $249.99 is a pretty suitable price considering galsses-less 3D , more horsepower and most importantly, *demand*

You'd hear no arguments from me if they felt like making it $199.99 though :X

miz1q2w3e said:
Christian973 said:

I really don't understand what's the big deal with the price. The PSP and Wii launched at this price. What's the problem? Nintendo is being generous pricing it at 249.99 when they could have gone for way more and for what you're getting in the 3DS, $250 is a steal in my opinion.

More people need to read this

Personally, I would love it to be cheaper, or better yet free! :D - - - - - but honestly, I think $249.99 is a pretty suitable price considering galsses-less 3D , more horsepower and most importantly, *demand*

You'd hear no arguments from me if they felt like making it $199.99 though :X

The Wii was NOT sold at that price. The Wii AND Wii Sports was. Sorry for the allcaps, but that fact cannot be ignored, especially since the system sold better in regions with it bundled than without.

And the Wii is also generally one system per household. Handhelds are expected to be owned by more, which is why they cost so little in the past compared to the home systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

HAHAHA forget buddy you will not able to find a 3DS for the all first year a cut price maybe in 3 years

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

I reckon it'll fall to below £200 before release, or at least in the few 2 weeks of release!

Nintendo will announce an RRP of £199 at some point, just watch...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I just got an email stating that HMV had dropped their price from £229 ($366) to £219 ($350) and that I would be charged the new lower price.

hahaha, you don't think 3D is enough...

lol

but yeh no, no price drop till 2013.

neh.. they'll bundle it with games before a pricedrop...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Conegamer said:

I reckon it'll fall to below £200 before release, or at least in the few 2 weeks of release!

Ok yeah, it could come down a bit before release.  Not neccesarily, but for sure no drop for two years after its released.

TheGameFather said:
Conegamer said:

Ok yeah, it could come down a bit before release.  Not neccesarily, but for sure no drop for two years after its released.

With that I'll agree. Nintendo won't drop the price soon after, but they will before

The GC is a prime example

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.