By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think the 3DS price will drop quickly?

I feel bad for anyone who paid 250 or more just to play WiiSports, that game was not all that and had little content

Around the Network
oniyide said:

I feel bad for anyone who paid 250 or more just to play WiiSports, that game was not all that and had little content

So those people are obligated to feel cheated, just because of your opinion, not their own?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  relax, man. no one is obligated to feel anything. I think if thats there sole reason of spending money on a console just to play one game that was more of a tech demo, then yeah I think that wasnt too smart. im not picking on Wii, i think anyone who buys ANY console just to play one game is missing a few channels in their basic cable, but WTH, to each his own

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  relax, man. no one is obligated to feel anything. I think if thats there sole reason of spending money on a console just to play one game that was more of a tech demo, then yeah I think that wasnt too smart. im not picking on Wii, i think anyone who buys ANY console just to play one game is missing a few channels in their basic cable, but WTH, to each his own

Well it's not a tech demo just because it doesn't have loads of features.

But I agree buying a game for one system is dumb, which is why I make sure I have plenty of games to look forward to on a system before I get one. But as for Wii Sports, software sales, especially the loads of dece platinum hits, make it likely that people bought more games than that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

i would hope so

Around the Network
oniyide said:

i would hope so

Heck, just look at the deca platinum sellers other than Wii Sports (include Mario Galaxy, if you like, since it's just under 10 million), and then total them up. The odds make it very likely at least one of them is on every Wii system sold).

Its already priced cheaply at 249$, so no I dont think the price will be reduce anytime soon. On a side not, im not fan of Nintendo's game at all and I was going to buy one at 299$.

no, i dn't imagine it dropping price until possibly christmas 2012

MrT-Tar said:

I just got an email stating that HMV had dropped their price from £229 ($366) to £219 ($350) and that I would be charged the new lower price.

LOL, oh shit. I wonder if any of the other retails will drop the price too? Probably not.

Oh btw I heard that the Australian price will be $300 AU dollars, which is 50$ cheaper than UK price.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.