By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think the 3DS price will drop quickly?

Wanna make a bet?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Wanna make a bet?

This isn't about me being right. It's about Nintendo possibly overestimaing the appeal of 3D for the mainstream, and how much they would pay for it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

Wanna make a bet?

This isn't about me being right. It's about Nintendo possibly overestimaing the appeal of 3D for the mainstream, and how much they would pay for it.

But you do think the 3DS price will drop quickly, right?

Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

Wanna make a bet?

I'm not trying to be a prophet here, just state what seems to be a minor misstep on Nintendo's part (as in it would be easy to fix if there is a problem).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

I'm not trying to be a prophet here, just state what seems to be a minor misstep on Nintendo's part (as in it would be easy to fix if there is a problem).

The title of the topic says that you think the 3DS's price will drop "quickly", and in this thread you predicate that on Nintendo overestimating the appeal of their own platform.

Are both of these things true? THat you think the 3DS's price will drop quickly, and that this is because of Nintendo's overestimation of the system's appeal at the current price level?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

The title of the topic says that you think the 3DS's price will drop "quickly", and in this thread you predicate that on Nintendo overestimating the appeal of their own platform.

Are both of these things true? THat you think the 3DS's price will drop quickly, and that this is because of Nintendo's overestimation of the system's appeal at the current price level?

Yes.

I was just responding to your comment on making a bet.

EDIT: As in if this happens, it won't make me right. It will just show that Nintendo did overestimate the appeal of 3D in terms of pricing the system.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

Yes.

No, you didn't. You said the topic was about you not being right.

But if this is about whether or not the 3DS's price will drop then it is about you being right, even if it's not directly.

So I will ask you again, seeking a clear, direct, and definite answer:

Are you confident enough in your prediction to make a bet on it?

Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

Yes.

But if this is about whether or not the 3DS's price will drop then it is about you being right, even if it's not directly.

No, I wrote that this isn't about me being right, not about me not being right. You're confusing a lack of affirmation with affirmation of a lack.

What I mean is that I am not trying to act as though this argument is a personal thing connected to me somehow. I am not the facts and arguments I proclaim.

This is partly because I get annoyed at people who gloat over "winning" arguments as though it was some kind of victory, which is actually against the point of proper debate and discussion.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

No, I wrote that this isn't about me being right, not about me not being right. You're confusing a lack of affirmation with affirmation of a lack.

What I mean is that I am not trying to act as though this argument is a personal thing connected to me somehow. I am not the facts and arguments I proclaim.

This is partly because I get annoyed at people who gloat over "winning" arguments as though it was some kind of victory, which is actually against the point of proper debate and discussion.

I am not interested in quibbling over a typo I made.

Answer the question.

Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

I am not interested in quibbling over a typo I made.

Answer the question.

If that was a typo, then I withdraw the response to it.

And I did answer it. I'm not making a bet that way because that would be a form of wanting to gloat like an asshole. I spent a few years on the IMDB boards before coming here, so I really got sick of that kind of attitude.