By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think the 3DS price will drop quickly?

maybe, but not within the first year. Nintendo is definitely looking ahead to XMas 2011 with this as they know the 3DS PROBABLY isn't going to sell out during the spring and summer but they'll have an ample supply ready for the holidays. The DS was a sellout during its launch which was in November, thus it became the hot Xmas gift. I see the 3DS doing the same and if Nintendo keeps a healthy supply they get maximum profit out it with both hardware AND software

Around the Network
Galaki said:

The 3DS will not see a pricecut for the first 2 years in NA since it's already $50 below what they are paying in Japan.

And Nintendo being Nintendo, pricecut is not their game.

They could still pricecut in Japan as well, which they did with the DS and Wii.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Even if sales somehow turn out low for Nintendo initiallt, I don't think they will lower price until some competition shows up.

When Wii launched, it was so hot that people were paying an upwards of $500 to get their hands on it. I think the $250 3DS price is placed specifically for supply reasons....in addition to manufacturing costs obviously.

I agree that the holidays will prove this to be true, because I'd imagine that if there is no PSP2, being the hot new 3D handheld will make people go nuts.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I really don't understand what's the big deal with the price. The PSP and Wii launched at this price. What's the problem? Nintendo is being generous pricing it at 249.99 when they could have gone for way more and for what you're getting in the 3DS, $250 is a steal in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Well, I think the market just might surprise some people, and keep 3DS in hot demand throughout its lifespan, high pricepoint and all. After all, look at Apple.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

I agree that the price of $250 is HIGH.  But, there are too many Nintenuts out there who have to have the new shiny thing.  Look at how many red Wiis were sold this holiday...  Either way, they will keep the DS/DSi around for the first 2 years or so to keep a lower price model available to those who think it is too expensive.

Am I the only one who finds this price to be rather fair? Maybe it is because I come to expect new technology means higher costs. 

Add: Also you need to define quickly? Is that 6 months, 1 year?

@acevil  no your not, IMHO i think some people are just too damn cheap.

oniyide said:

@acevil  no your not, IMHO i think some people are just too damn cheap.

I thought you were against the price? I'm so confused! T_T

@acevil  where did you get the idea that I was against it??? Just cause im not getting it at launch, has nothing to do with the price. IT has better online, better graphics, 3d, motion. Hell, i think it could/should be $300