By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else think the 3DS price will drop quickly?

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

I am not interested in quibbling over a typo I made.

Answer the question.

=If that was a typo, then I withdraw the response to it.

And I did answer it. I'm not making a bet that way because that would be a form of wanting to gloat like an asshole. I spent a few years on the IMDB boards before coming here, so I really got sick of that kind of attitude.

Not interested in convincing you otherwise; my disagreement is apparent already, so I'm done here.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

I am not interested in quibbling over a typo I made.

Answer the question.

=If that was a typo, then I withdraw the response to it.

And I did answer it. I'm not making a bet that way because that would be a form of wanting to gloat like an asshole. I spent a few years on the IMDB boards before coming here, so I really got sick of that kind of attitude.

Not interested in convincing you otherwise; my disagreement is apparent already, so I'm done here.

What? You're disagreeing that I don't want to bet?

If you're disagreeing with my point, you're welcome to discuss that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Nope. It will sell gazillions and be sold out for 2011.

Just as Wii could have easily sold for $300 for the first year or two with much of the same result, the 3DS will be gobbled up by the masses. I bought two, well pre-ordered.

It will be a lot like the Wii and stay at $250 for at least two years and then maybe see a marginal discount to $200 once the initial demand has leveled off. Hell, the DS stayed at $120 for pretty much ever.

superchunk said:

Just as Wii could have easily sold for $300 for the first year or two with much of the same result, the 3DS will be gobbled up by the masses. I bought two, well pre-ordered.

It will be a lot like the Wii and stay at $250 for at least two years and then maybe see a marginal discount to $200 once the initial demand has leveled off. Hell, the DS stayed at $120 for pretty much ever.

It didn't start out at that price.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
superchunk said:

You're right, before its biggest hitters hit (brain age, NSMB, and Nintendogs). But it remained there for pretty much its entire life at the same time Wii stayed at launch price for years. My reasoning is that Nintendo has moved into a stance that they will not drop prices (even when competitors do) until their product's sales deem it necessary.

3DS will have big hitters within its first 90 days on the market and like DS @120 or Wii at the launch price it will remain at 250 for at least its first two years. Then it might see a marginal discount or simply do as DS did at 120 and focus on bundles and other offers.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
superchunk said:

You're right, before its biggest hitters hit (brain age, NSMB, and Nintendogs). But it remained there for pretty much its entire life at the same time Wii stayed at launch price for years. My reasoning is that Nintendo has moved into a stance that they will not drop prices (even when competitors do) until their product's sales deem it necessary.

3DS will have big hitters within its first 90 days on the market and like DS @120 or Wii at the launch price it will remain at 250 for at least its first two years. Then it might see a marginal discount or simply do as DS did at 120 and focus on bundles and other offers.

Just my reasoning is that it might happen with the 3DS.

Yes, the games will be steady, but they would all have to be mega hits to make up for the price.

Price drops happen when you get lower sales than what you expect. So when 3DS inderperforms expect it there

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

LordTheNightKnight said:

Yes, the games will be steady, but they would all have to be mega hits to make up for the price.

As I think has been proved countless times, teh technology within the game console is not primary factor for its demand, regardless of price. Its the games.

Wii Sports and Wii Fit forced Wii to outsell the HD cousins for years handidly.

Nintendogs and NSMB forced DS to outsell PSP handily.

Both of these were ignorant of being technologically inferior to their competitors and irrespective of price as both sold on Ebay for 2 to 3 times their prices at some point.

3DS will have the big games within the first 90 days and will probably continue solid support with other big names we know like nintendogs and mario and others we are not expecting. These games will keep up the high demand regardless if 3D remains popular and the price remains at $250.

Xmas 2011 will prove this and you will reflect on this thread and its comments.

superchunk said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

As I think has been proved countless times, teh technology within the game console is not primary factor for its demand, regardless of price. Its the games.

Wii Sports and Wii Fit forced Wii to outsell the HD cousins for years handidly.

Nintendogs and NSMB forced DS to outsell PSP handily.

Both of these were ignorant of being technologically inferior to their competitors and irrespective of price as both sold on Ebay for 2 to 3 times their prices at some point.

3DS will have the big games within the first 90 days and will probably continue solid support with other big names we know like nintendogs and mario and others we are not expecting. These games will keep up the high demand regardless if 3D remains popular and the price remains at $250.

Xmas 2011 will prove this and you will reflect on this thread and its comments.

No, I will not reflect. You are assuming I'm not considering the possibility this could be wrong.

no chance in hell for an early price drop

3DS will be hotter and bigger seller than kinect, which means no need for price drop - mark my words

3DS hype train gonna be sold out the entire 1st year