By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

Great, now why don't you just tell the world the 3DS will cost $500, you'll charge for 3DS Online, that Zelda is cancelled and that YOU HATE US.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I already brought up this in another thread. A letter from Nintendo said that they didn't have any plans to release The Last Story to the west as of late. But they did say that Xenoblade has been offically announced for a US release but that they just haven't come up with a date yet.

Didn't I also say in this thread if that happens I kill YOU! :P

LMAO, like a lame like you would be capable of that. Xenoblade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Story :P

g-value said:
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I already brought up this in another thread. A letter from Nintendo said that they didn't have any plans to release The Last Story to the west as of late. But they did say that Xenoblade has been offically announced for a US release but that they just haven't come up with a date yet.

LMAO, like a lame like you would be capable of that. Xenoblade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Story :P

Why not wait until you've played them before jumping to this conclusion eh?

Personally, I want them BOTH, and also Tales Of Graces and Arc Rise Fantasia!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

g-value said:
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I didn't know you played The Last Story? Tell us how it was like?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Why does this thread keep going in circles? We've already established that this is a generic PR line said time and time again by people in the industry. Unless hearing something from Reggie, Iwata, or Sakaguchi would be cause for concern, not THIS.

Around the Network
g-value said:
gumby_trucker said:
g-value said:

When was this letter from? Xenoblade would definitely give me my fix for the mean time...

The letter was released only about 3 weeks ago. Here it is:

"Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

As you may have heard , Last Story has been announced in Japan. So far, there hasn't been an official announcement of a release in this market.

While I’m unable to offer a specific reason regarding this title, there are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

However, there are (like you) real fans of those games or franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these games on store shelves here. I understand (and sometimes even share) your frustration! Having said that, please understand that those fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here.

Of course, you never know what the future holds, as evidenced by the appearance in this market of previously Japan-only franchises like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. Keep an eye on our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for all the latest news as it becomes available.

Please note, however, Monado: Beginning of the World (Xenoblade) has been officially announced for release, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it is, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Sincerely,

David Glover
Nintendo of America Inc."

Thanks for the info Even though neither Monado nor Xenoblade appear on Nintendo's site atm, your letter is probably more official then whatever got this thread started in the first place

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Conegamer said:
g-value said:
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I didn't mean it as "Xenoblade is a better game then The Last Story", I meant it as "I'll take Xenoblade being localized over The Last Story any day :)".

g-value said:
Conegamer said:
g-value said:
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I didn't mean it as "Xenoblade is a better game then The Last Story", I meant it as "I'll take Xenoblade being localized over The Last Story any day :)".

I see. Maybe when they're both localised in the UK ten we'll be able to have a more informed look at the situation!

I'm sure they will, surely...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
g-value said:
Conegamer said:
g-value said:
Acevil said:
g-value said:

I see. Maybe when they're both localised in the UK ten we'll be able to have a more informed look at the situation!

I'm sure they will, surely...

Also he said to mock me, since I always say the opposite. 

oooooh come on =(