By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

This seems to be the "Boo, Nintendo!!!" week. First 3DS, now TLS. Funny reactions.

I think TLS will be localised.

Around the Network

Bah. I still think they will :/

Meh.... Not looking forward to that game, but for all the jrpg gamers, this sucks. A new star fox or fire emblem or even paper mario(for the wii) would make this better though.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:

Meh.... Not looking forward to that game, but for all the jrpg gamers, this sucks. A new star fox or fire emblem or even paper mario(for the wii) would make this better though.

But I'm 6000% sure they won't come.

Really, the only thing Nintendo has left to do now is tell the press that the new Zelda is aimed at the casuals.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Viper1 said:

So I just contacted my Nintendo rep at Golin Harris and asked about TLS.  Guess what?  They don't know and the official line is right now there are no plans. 

Plans for a western release haven't been announced yet and the reps at Golin Harris can't tell you about stuff that hasn't been anounced yet.  Way to go  VG247.

So this is a non-story, people.

Exactly, and might I add "way to go Eurogamer" for perpetuating it, as anyone with any sense wouldn't post this as news.

It surprises me with all of the hate people are clamoring for titles from Nintendo, but if they can say something negative about these titles they will cause it gets hits as I feel is the case here, VG247 knows TLS is a big deal amongst JRPG fans, post a story that will get a lot of hits, and bam you've upped your ad clicks meaning more money in your pocket, Eurogamer sees this and sees an easy opportunity to not only get some hits but if there's backlash if/when TLS is announced for the west they can blame it on someone else misleading them.

It's easier to just jump to conclusion and join the hate train.

There are plenty of space, come join.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Viper1 said:

So I just contacted my Nintendo rep at Golin Harris and asked about TLS.  Guess what?  They don't know and the official line is right now there are no plans. 

Plans for a western release haven't been announced yet and the reps at Golin Harris can't tell you about stuff that hasn't been anounced yet.  Way to go  VG247.

So this is a non-story, people.

Exactly, and might I add "way to go Eurogamer" for perpetuating it, as anyone with any sense wouldn't post this as news.

It surprises me with all of the hate people are clamoring for titles from Nintendo, but if they can say something negative about these titles they will cause it gets hits as I feel is the case here, VG247 knows TLS is a big deal amongst JRPG fans, post a story that will get a lot of hits, and bam you've upped your ad clicks meaning more money in your pocket, Eurogamer sees this and sees an easy opportunity to not only get some hits but if there's backlash if/when TLS is announced for the west they can blame it on someone else misleading them.

It's easier to just jump to conclusion and join the hate train.

There are plenty of space, come join.

Hate trains are starting to annoy me, there's plenty more legitimate things to bitch about in the world, what's the point in bitching about fabricated issues?  It's like Fox News up in this joint.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Soriku said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Soriku mode On:  Who cares about Last Story anyway if it is not going to the West'  

Soriku mode off: 

Pity but I give it a high chance coming to the West eventually..

Yeah, I'm sure that's what I'd say about my #2 anticipated game...whatever man.

Anyway, generic rep reponse is generic. I can't count the number of times reps have said "we have no plans of [X]" but people still go crazy anyway. The game's not even out in Japan yet.

Btw, as for Xenoblade, something interesting. Amazon recently gave messages to people who preordered the game for an estimated arrival date. Anyway it's probably wrong, but maybe something's up...

"Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on XXXX:

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: February 03 2011 - February 17 2011"

Are you sure that's not just a generic placeholder date? Gamestop does that all the time.

Still though, interesting

Soriku said:

Btw, Mistwalker keeps posting info on TLS on their ENGLISH Twitter, including Sakaguchi. Hmm...nope, they're just playing us.

I was just about to mention that.

Aiddon said:
Soriku said:

Btw, Mistwalker keeps posting info on TLS on their ENGLISH Twitter, including Sakaguchi. Hmm...nope, they're just playing us.

It's too late now; everyone is in overreact mode already...and looking at some of the comments very few read more than the OP.

forest-spirit said:
Aiddon said:
Soriku said:

It's too late now; everyone is in overreact mode already...and looking at some of the comments very few read more than the OP.

This. The same thing is happening to Xenoblade.