By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

Viper1 said:

So I just contacted my Nintendo rep at Golin Harris and asked about TLS.  Guess what?  They don't know and the official line is right now there are no plans. 

Plans for a western release haven't been announced yet and the reps at Golin Harris can't tell you about stuff that hasn't been anounced yet.  Way to go  VG247.

So this is a non-story, people.

So let me get this straight, we have been jumping the gun for the past week and we still act like everything is fact! :P

This is becoming as bad as sony not being able to keep a secret. 

Around the Network

It's definitely coming over here.  You guys need to calm down.

seriously... people here are so quick to condemn...

anyone who's been following Nintendo should realize they plan to localize TLS as a launch title for the Vitality Sensor

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

http://www.petitiononline.com/TLSWR/petition.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------​----------

gumby_trucker said:

anyone who's been following Nintendo should realize they plan to localize TLS as a launch title for the Vitality Sensor

Naw, that's the new Fatal Frame game. ;)

Around the Network

its going to release... its not gonna be released outside of japan in 2011 anyway maybe next year, it takes ages to translate  games into many languages

I already brought up this in another thread. A letter from Nintendo said that they didn't have any plans to release The Last Story to the west as of late. But they did say that Xenoblade has been offically announced for a US release but that they just haven't come up with a date yet.

g-value said:

I already brought up this in another thread. A letter from Nintendo said that they didn't have any plans to release The Last Story to the west as of late. But they did say that Xenoblade has been offically announced for a US release but that they just haven't come up with a date yet.

When was this letter from? Xenoblade would definitely give me my fix for the mean time...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

g-value said:

Didn't I also say in this thread if that happens I kill YOU! :P

gumby_trucker said:
g-value said:

When was this letter from? Xenoblade would definitely give me my fix for the mean time...

The letter was released only about 3 weeks ago. Here it is:

"Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

As you may have heard , Last Story has been announced in Japan. So far, there hasn't been an official announcement of a release in this market.

While I’m unable to offer a specific reason regarding this title, there are many reasons that Nintendo or any other publisher may decide to release a game in one market, but not another. These can include difficulty or cost of localization, the size and financial strength of the publisher, the size of the distribution network, and (most often) the idea that the game will simply not be accepted or enjoyed in another market.

However, there are (like you) real fans of those games or franchises in this market who would love nothing more than to see these games on store shelves here. I understand (and sometimes even share) your frustration! Having said that, please understand that those fans may constitute too small a portion of the gaming public to justify the costs associated with bringing a game here.

Of course, you never know what the future holds, as evidenced by the appearance in this market of previously Japan-only franchises like Advance Wars and Fire Emblem. Keep an eye on our website (http://www.nintendo.com) for all the latest news as it becomes available.

Please note, however, Monado: Beginning of the World (Xenoblade) has been officially announced for release, but hasn't been given a release date yet. When it is, our website's Game Guide (http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide) will be the best place to find it. Once there, use the questions on the left to filter based on system, genre, online play, etc.

When you have narrowed your search, click on the game's title to see all the available information. If what you seek is not yet available, please check back later. When there is new information to share on announced games or other upcoming products, our website is the best official source!

Remember, any posted release dates are estimates and subject to change. As a product's estimated release date approaches, you may wish to check with your local retailers to see when it may be available in your area.

Sincerely,

David Glover
Nintendo of America Inc."