By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

Geez people, calm down, the link said some nameless Nintendo rep, it's just like you people get bent out of shape when some no body at Capcom comments on sales of some Wii title they had little to nothing to do with nor are they in a place to comment.

Point being nameless Nintendo rep knows about as much as we do and their orders are to 'deny deny deny' since that's how the company keeps their secrets.  I could technically email Nintendo and get a similar response about anything not officially announced.  "Will you release another Mario platforming game? If so will it release in the west?" Nintendo "There's no plans at the present for a Mario game" *derp* OH NO! NO MORE MARIO GAMES FOREVERS!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

This is actually really annoying.

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Agreed, but personally I will wait till e3. For some reason I don't trust nintendo. 

Acevil said:
Carl2291 said:

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Agreed, but personally I will wait till e3. For some reason I don't trust nintendo. 

Wait this creates a paradox, if you cannot trust Nintendo, then how can you trust what they say at E3?  

Again I reference my post since nameless Nintendo rep is going to deny anything and everything you ask them, it's just how the world works, now if Reggie had said it, it might be a different case. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Acevil said:
Carl2291 said:

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Wait this creates a paradox, if you cannot trust Nintendo, then how can you trust what they say at E3?  

Again I reference my post since nameless Nintendo rep is going to deny anything and everything you ask them, it's just how the world works, now if Reggie had said it, it might be a different case. 

Sorry I should have made it better worded! I don't trust some random nintendo person, that I have no idea, if he is really even an employee. 

Also you know what would really piss me off, if they bring over xenoblade, but not this.....that will make me kill g-value or someone else who loves xenoblade soo much. 

I'm not a RPG gamer,but, this game needs to come to the west. I don't understand Nintendo, it seems like they want to be hated by their fans.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Acevil said:
Carl2291 said:

Fuck you, Nintendo.

Sorry I should have made it better worded! I don't trust some random nintendo person, that I have no idea, if he is really even an employee. 

Also you know what would really piss me off, if they bring over xenoblade, but not this.....that will make me kill g-value or someone else who loves xenoblade soo much. 

Personally both games are too well done to not bring over, they don't fit into the typical Japan only niche Nintendo fulfills.  Personally I played Xenoblade if only that one came over I'd be upset since Sakaguchi makes some amazing stories and the game looks beautiful, essentially what I've been wanting from Final Fantasy since X... buuuut Xenoblade is a very well made game so I couldn't be too mad.

Congratulations Nintendo. You have officially failed me this generation.

In a time period where JRPGs are at a minimum. Publishers continue to fuck the west and then wonder why their games don't sell.

It will probably take Nintendo no less 8 months to get the game translated and localized, so Last Story at best might be announced around the time of E3, but with all the voice work in the game and probably a mountain of text, no one should expect this game release before the middle of fall 2011 at earliest and most likely it will be either last title of 2011 or one of the first ones of 2012.

Don't sweat Nintendo not announcing anything yet, the game is still to far out for a western release.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, both Xenoblade and The Last Story will get western releases in 2011.  They're both huge, ambitious, big budget JRPGs that really break a lot of genre conventions, and they're both ripe for localization.  Besides, all the hints are already there in terms of trademarks, web domains and even Perrin Fucking Kaplan actually knowing what they both are.

Besides, Nintendo's been publishing JRPGs left and right on DS the past 2 years or so in America/Europe (Glory of Heracles, Fire Emblem SD, DQIX, DQVI, Mario & Luigi 3, Pokemon Plat/HG/SS/B/W, Pokemon Ranger 2-3, Inazuma Eleven, Fossil Fighters, Pokemon Dungeon 2, etc, etc).  That well's about to run dry (FE3, DQM2, Super Fossil Fighters and maybe some L5 games are all that's left), makes some sense they'd shift gears to Wii this year and next (leading up to DQX in 2012). 

Plus doesn't Nintendo have TRADEMARKS for TLS overseas?