By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

Antabus said:
rccsetzer said:

All this problem occurs because the majority of americans don't like to (or don't) play games dubbed in japanese with subtitles in english. And the process of contracting non-japanese dubbers is very costly .  Do like Sega did with the Yakuza series.

Well that is kind of true. I hate when a game has Japanese VA. That makes a game virtually unplayable due to the annoyance. (I'm not from NA though)

I for one wouldn't care as long as it has subtitles, i just want to play the damn game

Around the Network

click on the link people!

destructoid to the rescue!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

click on the link people!

destructoid to the rescue!

You need a four digit post count before people actually read your posts.

what a shame... and I thought having a Gumby avatar would do the trick for sure..

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I think it will depend on the Japanese sales: if it has mediocre sales just like Tales of Graces or Xenoblade...it may never leave Japan. So, if The Last Story only sells 200k-300k LT it will not be so important for Nintendo and they will not bring it tgo the west.

it's a standard PR line. "No plans to bring it to the West currently" is the same as saying "I have no friggin' clue because my bosses haven't told a grunt like me"

Around the Network

Why doesn't Nintendo just simply tell us if the game will be making it over or not. It's that simple. They won't base the decision on the japanese sales, those are always pathetic and terrible, they already know if they'll bring it or not. Just fucking speak Nintendo please and tell us if you will be bringing your best games to the West or not.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

bmmb1 said:

Hello Tim! While we're at it, can you please give us the rundown on the Wii2?

I can confirm that we have been working on Wii2. Its codename is not Wii2 but I am not allowed to give that info out yet.

The only info I can give you now is that it will be 3D compatible and a new unique control scheme.

trestres said:

Why doesn't Nintendo just simply tell us if the game will be making it over or not. It's that simple. They won't base the decision on the japanese sales, those are always pathetic and terrible, they already know if they'll bring it or not. Just fucking speak Nintendo please and tell us if you will be bringing your best games to the West or not.

Because Nintendo's like that. :/

I hate their new policy of keeping announcements until a few months before release, if only because it gets tons of griping from the fanbase about the games not coming.  I mean, in comparison Sony hasn't said a word on WKC2 yet everyone gives that the benefit of the doubt, meanwhile it's almost a forgone conclusion on the internet that Xenoblade won't come over, despite it releasing much more recently and actually already even being announced for America. :/

This is actually really annoying.

Fuck you, Nintendo.

of course they don't, the focus is on Japan right now

they'll have plans after the Japanese release and after the translation is done

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^