By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has "no plans" to bring to The Last Story to the west

Soriku said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Soriku mode On:  Who cares about Last Story anyway if it is not going to the West'  

Soriku mode off: 

Pity but I give it a high chance coming to the West eventually..

Yeah, I'm sure that's what I'd say about my #2 anticipated game...whatever man.

Anyway, generic rep reponse is generic. I can't count the number of times reps have said "we have no plans of [X]" but people still go crazy anyway. The game's not even out in Japan yet.

Btw, as for Xenoblade, something interesting. Amazon recently gave messages to people who preordered the game for an estimated arrival date. Anyway it's probably wrong, but maybe something's up...

"Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on XXXX:

"Monado: Beginning of the World"
Estimated arrival date: February 03 2011 - February 17 2011"

Well that is what you were saying for sure about a bunch of PS3 JRPG's who have/had no Western Releasedate;..   It is annoying isn't it?

Nobody gain anything if you go back to that trolish/childish 2007 Soriku attitude.

Around the Network

i think people are wilding out, BUT if they in fact have no plans at present that means they havent even started the process. translating text, rewriting, hiring voice actors and then recording. that takes time so I really dont think that we will see this game this year. early 2012 the earliest

I like Nintendo as much as the next guy, but really? If they even decide to release this in the west and it takes over 6 months that's going to hurt some.

@soriku  most JRPGs ive played have taken about 8 months to come out from Japan release. TLS has not even come out in Japan so even if they start as soon as is release (i doubt it) I dont think we'll see an english translation for some time. I hope im wrong. Sony is already getting too much of my gaming bucks for the year

Soriku said:
oniyide said:

@soriku  most JRPGs ive played have taken about 8 months to come out from Japan release. TLS has not even come out in Japan so even if they start as soon as is release (i doubt it) I dont think we'll see an english translation for some time. I hope im wrong. Sony is already getting too much of my gaming bucks for the year

I really think they could get this game out 6 months or a little more after release.

Could.

Who knows how long Nintendo will take. I just hope Xenoblade is released soonish...

I could see XenoBlade getting released in late spring or summer and The Last Story in November.

Around the Network

@forest-spirit you have more faith in Ninty than I do

Vas-y said:

Aren't they saying „no plans" to almost every question concerning a game if it's not announced officially? Why should they announce a possible release date of The Last Story via gaming blog?

because No Plans in the industry speak means not happening traditionally for software. Look at FFVII, SE has no plans of remaking it even though they could make billions. So expect it not to happen.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Vas-y said:

Aren't they saying „no plans" to almost every question concerning a game if it's not announced officially? Why should they announce a possible release date of The Last Story via gaming blog?

because No Plans in the industry speak means not happening traditionally for software. Look at FFVII, SE has no plans of remaking it even though they could make billions. So expect it not to happen.

I don't expect anything actually. But I'm not quite sure what a Nintendo rep is able to say when he's not allowed to give information on The Last Story. 'No plans' sounds like a phrase without substance to me, so I'm not yet convinced 100% by this words that this game is not launching in the West. Nonetheless, my hopes were and stay low for this matter but not because of this Nintendo rep.

Soriku said:

Assuming they start the process shortly after release, It really shouldn't take like 10-11 plus months or something to translate this game. That's way too long for an RPG and TLS doesn't really seem super hugely gigantic for it to take that long really (average localization process for an RPG is like 6 months?). They could definitely get it out this year if they don't wait forever to start localizing it.

Didn't they give some large number for the lines of dialogue contained in the game?   I think you're underestimating the effort that would be required.

Torillian said:

some low level guy speaking out of turn

this is exactly what I think happened.

I think most non-rabid Nintendo fans can agree that Nintendo has made some stupid decisions this generation, especially with regards to localization. Still, I refuse to believe they would actually not release a seemingly significant JRPG in a region that would net them substantial sales. While this news may seem to fit alongside Nintendo's apathetic stance towards localization, I think we should wait and see what happens before getting too worked up about it. My assumption is that this game will be localized.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka