By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst: "The 3DS went from hot to not in a matter of days."

i really dont get this...i mean it doesnt matter what these guys are telling...Nintendo = handheld market...

Around the Network

Rol, you are genious.

I LOVE ICELAND!

D0med before launch, that doesn't bode well...

That said; I don't think the 3DS will sell anywhere near as many consoles as the DS when all is said and done.

Mr Khan said:
Rainbird said:

No matter how stupid it seems, it's not like all this is without reason. Nintendo certainly has some explaining to do if they want to bring the excitement back to where it was.

How much power will the wifi consume if I walk around and exchange data with people around me in standby mode? If walking around, gaining points and exhanging data will drain the battery once a day without the 3DS ever being turned on, then that really sucks. We don't know this of course, but Nintendo needs to explain their reasoning behind the numbers they released, so all the worries can be met.

How will the Mii/friend code system work? If your first mention of an online system comes from a source with no deep explanation and everything points to a system that is very unpopular being reused, you have screwed up. Nintendo, please explain to us how the online works on the 3DS, so our worries can be met.

Why is the first mention of region locking in an email from your support department? This wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo didn't release many of their big games with delays in parts of the world where there is no excuse to release them later than others. Again, please elaborate on why you have seemingly decided to go the route of the region lock Nintendo. That way we can get to know what's what.

Thank for your time Nintendo, hope to hear from you soon.

That's the main issue. We had to hear about the online system from Famitsu via Capcom *after* the main event that was supposed to be the reveal-all for the device, and any achievement-esque knowledge is still speculation based on a few seconds of video

But Nintendo was this way about Wii online too. The way we learned they kept game-specific friend codes was from Japanese reviewers when Pokemon Battle Revolution came out

Exactly.

@ Buzzi

My point was that Nintendo have made it hard for themselves and the 3DS by either not giving details themselves, through proper outlets, in a way that is clear or understandable, or any combination of those. When you have device that looks like cost the same as the Wii did at launch, and has a good amount of hype behind it as well, people will worry and jump to conclusions when you don't give proper information. That's exactly what Nintendo has done, give unclear information and do nothing to clear it up.

So your new year's resolution was to quadruple your AAA thread productions?

roflrofl - making up an analyst along with a fake analysis and market research firm XD

I didn't notice until bmmb1 spoiled it for me :( - - - - - or should I say saved me from Rol's thread :D

And yeah, I can't really disagree, all this bad news about 3DS really eroded away my hype - - and no plans to localize The Last Story too - - - - - this week's N-news sucked big time :(

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:

All those words, and not one mention of how the stupid device is going to blind our children?  For shame analysts, for shame...

How can blind children read those warnings?

Braille. After all, it's a tactile system!

Your best one yet, Rol. I salute you.

3DS dead on arrival confirmed?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:

All those words, and not one mention of how the stupid device is going to blind our children?  For shame analysts, for shame...

But Nintendo are too bigoted to include that!

Tease.

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:

It's a 3D tactile system!

BTW, great as always, Rol.