By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst: "The 3DS went from hot to not in a matter of days."

Rainbird said:

No matter how stupid it seems, it's not like all this is without reason. Nintendo certainly has some explaining to do if they want to bring the excitement back to where it was.

How much power will the wifi consume if I walk around and exchange data with people around me in standby mode? If walking around, gaining points and exhanging data will drain the battery once a day without the 3DS ever being turned on, then that really sucks. We don't know this of course, but Nintendo needs to explain their reasoning behind the numbers they released, so all the worries can be met.

How will the Mii/friend code system work? If your first mention of an online system comes from a source with no deep explanation and everything points to a system that is very unpopular being reused, you have screwed up. Nintendo, please explain to us how the online works on the 3DS, so our worries can be met.

Why is the first mention of region locking in an email from your support department? This wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo didn't release many of their big games with delays in parts of the world where there is no excuse to release them later than others. Again, please elaborate on why you have seemingly decided to go the route of the region lock Nintendo. That way we can get to know what's what.

Thank for your time Nintendo, hope to hear from you soon.

Achievements: not denied.

Battery life: won't be that bad at average settings, it has a 1300 mA battery and they said "8 hours for DS games"...this means the battery should last as much as DSi for DS games, so expecting 6-10 hours for 3DS games at lower settings is obvious.

Friend codes: Nintendo didn't speak, Capcom did. They said that you can play a mode of SSFIV just with friend codes, withou specifing  if there's a code for every game or just for the system. Plus, if already many games have online without friend codes, why should we be worried? You probably won't be able to use chat with people you didn't exchange your code, but that's all...

Region lock: this is quite confirmed, but still there's something not certain: prety much everyone who's reporting this news is because of a mail from the customer service of Nintendo Japan...they usually don't give details through that service, why would they reveal something like that? Plus the only example is between a korean 3DS and a japanese game; and last thing, couldn't this email be fake?

Price: there's no certainity! Every site is just making up it, they say it if you search...actually we have 240€ and 300£ (like 360€), don't you find it strange?

Right now I'm more upset because of the line up, but today it was revealed that in Japan by the end of March there'll be like 15 titles on the market, and in Q2 2011 Nintendo will launch games like Zelda, Pilotwings or Kid Icarus, so in some weeks everyone will have something to play.

I'm not saying the 3DS is perfect, but the elements people is getting upset by are just rumors or speculation, who could end up all true like all false. Probably the only one true will be the region lock and the lack of Achievements, friend codes will be linked to the console like an Account.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

No matter how stupid it seems, it's not like all this is without reason. Nintendo certainly has some explaining to do if they want to bring the excitement back to where it was.

How much power will the wifi consume if I walk around and exchange data with people around me in standby mode? If walking around, gaining points and exhanging data will drain the battery once a day without the 3DS ever being turned on, then that really sucks. We don't know this of course, but Nintendo needs to explain their reasoning behind the numbers they released, so all the worries can be met.

How will the Mii/friend code system work? If your first mention of an online system comes from a source with no deep explanation and everything points to a system that is very unpopular being reused, you have screwed up. Nintendo, please explain to us how the online works on the 3DS, so our worries can be met.

Why is the first mention of region locking in an email from your support department? This wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo didn't release many of their big games with delays in parts of the world where there is no excuse to release them later than others. Again, please elaborate on why you have seemingly decided to go the route of the region lock Nintendo. That way we can get to know what's what.

Thank for your time Nintendo, hope to hear from you soon.

That's the main issue. We had to hear about the online system from Famitsu via Capcom *after* the main event that was supposed to be the reveal-all for the device, and any achievement-esque knowledge is still speculation based on a few seconds of video

But Nintendo was this way about Wii online too. The way we learned they kept game-specific friend codes was from Japanese reviewers when Pokemon Battle Revolution came out

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Good one, Rol.  You had me fooled up until I read the fine print.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

I totally agree with this analyst.

Nintendo dropped the ball. the 3DS bubble is burst even before it's released. Thankfully. I'd personally rather eat glass than own one.

You sir, are perfecting your craft, and I applaud you!

Around the Network

Do not agree.

It will sell like hotcakes.

The DS audience doesn't care about achievements, friend codes suck but it's not a deal breaker.

Battery life? wtf? Do you think PSP2 will last longer? Not even close if you ask me (PS3specs, overheating issue etc.).

Region locked, who should care? Just wait till the SW is available in you region, like everyone does with Wii or DS.

And pricing?

Are people really dump enough to not see that every cell phone is packed with a laughable 2 year contract that sucks your money harder than a **** your ****.

Really, i do not agree.

Just wait and watch it flying off the shelves. I will bet my money on this.

These Sebastian Kramer threads are my personal favorites.

I don't mind if these are being franchised.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The funny thing is even though I knew it was a Rol post it sounded exactly like an analyst. Personally im not sure if im more shocked that its that easy to pass yourself off as an analyst or that Rol would have totally gotten everyone had he not given away the secret.

Tease.

for once more, Nintendo is doomed!

why would they even bother to release it i wonder

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

YEAH!! 3DS Iz d0med!

All is right in the world, now. Good thread!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046