By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - kinect vs. sony's exclusives 2011

damndl0ser said:

At this point in a consoles lifespan, exclusives matter a lot less than many here think.  Since Kinect has a lot of momentum coming into 2011, I don't see things changing.  While most hard core gamers will enjoy great exclusives (for either console) most of them already have purchased a console and really won't need to purchase another.  

Pretty much. Only big price cuts will move consoles in bulk at this point.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

insert unannounced exclusive xbox360 game here. 

You do realise that Microsoft has not announced their full line up yet yes? Can we have that convo when this happens?

I agree but I doubt they will be adding much. If they do announce stuff at e3, even then, it is unlikely that most of it will launch this year. Just look at e3 2010 where they announced a new Crytek game and it did not come out in 2010. Also look at e3 2009 where Halo Reach, Natal(now Kinect),joy ride, Crackdown 2, and a reemergance of Alan Wake.(none of which came out in 2009) Same with when they announced Gears 3 and Forza 4 so even if they do announce a new game, it may not even release in 2011? Anyways, I doubt if they even announced an exclusive today, it would release the first half of the year, insuring that Sony has at least the first half of the year completely dominated(in terms of exclusives). As to whoever beats the other, I think it will probably be like last year, where both pretty much tied.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Personally I see Kinect selling more systems mostly because like I've said before Sony isn't targeting anyone other than the userbase they already have.  If you are a casual gamer there isn't really much reason to buy a PS3 whereas on the 360 there's Kinect for the casuals and stuff like Gears of War and Halo for the core.

Though I do agree PS3's lineup this year is incredible, I already have like 8 games pre-ordered for my PS3.

Well considering all the great PS3 exclusives next year are sequels, i think Kinect will attract a bigger crowd of new console owners.

I think Kinect will sell more consoles than PS3 exclusives, especially this late in the game.

The PS3 exclusives don't really aim to expand the audience, Kinect does.

Around the Network

Well what we know what is coming in 2011 for Kinect so far:

Child of Eden (Kinect Optional)

Steel Battalion

Codename D

Haunts

Rise of Nightmares

Project Draco

Star Wars Kinect

Forza 4 (Kinect intergrated)

Just want to play good games

red_dragon said:

Well what we know what is coming in 2011 for Kinect so far:

Child of Eden (Kinect Optional)

Steel Battalion

Codename D

Haunts

Rise of Nightmares

Project Draco

Star Wars Kinect

Forza 4 (Kinect intergrated)

All games confirmed?

For me just Child of Eden and Star Wars Kinect feel good for Kinect.

casual & non-gamers will go for 360 with kinect & core gamers will go for PS3

AnveL said:

casual & non-gamers will go for 360 with kinect & core gamers will go for PS3

Yeap. That is all.

Viper1 said:

At this point in the PS3's life, exclusive have less and less impact on hardware uptake because many of those would be consumers have already bought a PS3.   Kinect being new still has a larger pool of consumers.  So it's not a fair comparison to start with.

Yeah,gamers who wanted to play Killzone,Uncharted,LittleBig Planet,and so on,have already bought a PS3.

85% of them anyway.