By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - kinect vs. sony's exclusives 2011

Kinect easily going to push more hardware than the deluge of PS3quels this year.  Sony's opportunity for real growth was with Move, and they've pretty much blown that (where's Mingol?!  WTF Japan Studio??!).

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
homer said:

I agree but I doubt they will be adding much. If they do announce stuff at e3, even then, it is unlikely that most of it will launch this year. Just look at e3 2010 where they announced a new Crytek game and it did not come out in 2010. Also look at e3 2009 where Halo Reach, Natal(now Kinect),joy ride, Crackdown 2, and a reemergance of Alan Wake.(none of which came out in 2009) Same with when they announced Gears 3 and Forza 4 so even if they do announce a new game, it may not even release in 2011? Anyways, I doubt if they even announced an exclusive today, it would release the first half of the year, insuring that Sony has at least the first half of the year completely dominated(in terms of exclusives). As to whoever beats the other, I think it will probably be like last year, where both pretty much tied.

What I hate and like about Microsoft is they are very very secretive. I honestly believe there will be more than double the known kinect exlcusives for example coming this year.

They have had 10-15 kinect games already, if i counted there would probably be more, most of those were not announced at E3 but came out in 2011. Microsoft generally release information when they want to not when other people expect it.

In a way I wish Sony did the same thing, but what they are doing I suppose works for them

Please give examples.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Kinect=good for sales.

PS3 epic exclusive list=good for gamers.

Kinect may continue its momentum but will depend on the games. Right now all I see that is significant is the Star Wars game, and that alone will not be enough to keep Kinect sales going.

Mordred11 said:
Viper1 said:

At this point in the PS3's life, exclusive have less and less impact on hardware uptake because many of those would be consumers have already bought a PS3.   Kinect being new still has a larger pool of consumers.  So it's not a fair comparison to start with.

Yeah,gamers who wanted to play Killzone,Uncharted,LittleBig Planet,and so on,have already bought a PS3.

85% of them anyway.

That is so false!  One of my friends just bought a PS3 for Killzone 3.  It will move consoles especially with a killer Ad campaign.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

Kinect will attract more customers. Move will do the same for Sony.

There will be 5 million gamers who will buy a PS3 for Killzone 3. 

Eddie_Raja said:
Mordred11 said:
Viper1 said:

At this point in the PS3's life, exclusive have less and less impact on hardware uptake because many of those would be consumers have already bought a PS3.   Kinect being new still has a larger pool of consumers.  So it's not a fair comparison to start with.

Yeah,gamers who wanted to play Killzone,Uncharted,LittleBig Planet,and so on,have already bought a PS3.

85% of them anyway.

That is so false!  One of my friends just bought a PS3 for Killzone 3.  It will move consoles especially with a killer Ad campaign.

How does that make it false?  Just means  your friend falls into that 15%.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I find it funny that when people list exclusives they forget xbla.

kivi95 said:

Well here is a list of ps3 exklusive games :)

This list is indeed Amazing!!

• Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel (March)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia (February)
  • The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Spring)
  • inFAMOUS 2 (2011)
  • Journey (2011)
  • Killzone 3 (February 22)
  • The Last Guardian (Holiday)
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 (January 18)
  • MLB 11 The Show (March 8)
  • MotorStorm Apocalypse (Spring)
  • No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (Fall)
  • Pixeljunk Shooter 2 (2011)
  • PlayStation Move Heroes (2011)
  • Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (Fall)
  • Resistance 3 (September 6)
  • SOCOM 4 (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)
  • Twisted Metal (2011)
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (November 1)
  • Yakuza 4 (March 15)
  • #   Under Siege
    #   Slam Bolt Scrappers
    #   Explodemon
    #   Tales From Space: About A Blob
    #   White Knight Chronicles
    #    Disgaea 4
    #    Trinity: Zill O’ll Zero
    #    Ni no Kuni: Another World
    #    Mortal Kombat collction
    #    Splinter cell triolgy
    #    Virtua Tennis 4 
    #    Oddworld:Stranger Wrath

Yup.. pretty good list, but may 2 games on that list will actually move any PS3 games. Uncharted 3 and maybe Killzone 3. That's anout it. Where's FF XIII Vs and Last Guardian. Those 2 games may move a few PS3. Nothing else though. We have to wait and see why Microsoft announces at the E3.

'gaming till I'm gone'