By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looks like the trolling is making a lot of gamers silent!

Strong agreement here.  It has been a bit annoying of late, although I was hoping it was just the concentration of Kinect, Move, GT5, Reach, etc. market activity coupled with the biggest selling period of the year.

Personally, what gets me is the arguing against facts - people trying to diss GT5 or Reach, or Move or Kinect.  Pretty much everything has been a success by reasonable measure and current market trends, yet we're seeing a big resurgance of Kinect = success therefore Move must equal failure, or GT5 didn't get metascore as high as Forza 3 so it must equal failure.

Of course, given a lot of this is wrong it leads to people hitting back and before you know it threads are exploding into some of the longest, more riduculous quote trains I think I've seen in a while on the site.

I'm not saying "let's all get along" but a little more common sense and a little less plainly stupid comments would go a long way towards cooling things back down to acceptable levels.

The bottom line is that between PS3/360 (which let's admit it is where most of the trolling is centred) there's going to be no big winner.  Both have sold and will sell a lot of HW worldwide, both have more dominant regions, both have successful exclusives, both have successful motion control peripherals now and both sell more than enough multiplatform titles that neither is going to be dropped for support anytime soon.

In other words all the Trolling is in vain anyway - neither the PS3 nor 360 is going to crash and burn this generation and both are going to finish with more than respectable LTD hardware and software sales.

As for the Wii, hopefully the recent sales will put paid to the Trolling on that front too.  It's not dead and it's not going anywhere and worldwide neither HD console is going to be overtaking its HW/SW totals anytime soon.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Looking if huaxiong90 is in my friends list. Yes he is. Good!

It is so tiring lately, too many times anyone with an opinion, no matter how polite reasonable or well explained, is tagged as a hater if they don't subscribe to "x is the greatest thing since the wheel" (no matter what x is). Yes there ARE also real "haters", but many people aren't yet are automatically tagged as such by posters. And so, many people lose the incentive to answer in threads since they have already been automatically tagged and will not get any rational response.

I have learned a long time a go that very, very often, those who shout "thief" the loudest are the biggest thief of them all. And no I haven't learned it in any forums, but in the real world, I have seen this time and time again.

"As for the Wii, hopefully the recent sales will put paid to the Trolling on that front too." - one could wish but no chance, last year "Wii is d0med" re-started only a month after it shattered the console alltime monthly sales records, so this time, expect it to happen right away, with no delay, since it will be down YOY (from its all time record...)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

best thread in a while

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Reasonable said:

Of course, given a lot of this is wrong it leads to people hitting back and before you know it threads are exploding into some of the longest, more riduculous quote trains I think I've seen in a while on the site.

If you are reffering to the one between toastboy and me, I apologise. I agree with you 100% though. So many high profile exclusive releases in a relatively short amount of time has gotten the best of most of us.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I know I just joined this site, and I haven't started many topics.  But when I do, I either post straight news, or when it's my personal view point, I try to make it clear that it is.  The closest I think I've come to trolling is when I use a person's faulty logic against them not as retaliation, but to get them to see the other side.  Too bad I hate to type and cannot spend more time on this site.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

I know I just joined this site, and I haven't started many topics.  But when I do, I either post straight news, or when it's my personal view point, I try to make it clear that it is.  The closest I think I've come to trolling is when I use a person's faulty logic against them not as retaliation, but to get them to see the other side.  Too bad I hate to type and cannot spend more time on this site.

If that's what you truly think, then this thread isn't aimed at you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
LivingMetal said:

If that's what you truly think, then this thread isn't aimed at you.

Well, I'm not trying to come off as self-righteous.  But what I am trying to do is to encourage others to be a little less critical and a little more open minded to help cut down on some of the trolling.  But trolls will be trolls.

I wish their was a "like" button or a way you could promote threads and posts like this.

I completely agree but it does tend to get worse around the holidays and when lots of new products are released. Should calm down in the comming weeks, but it is a shame the informative threads get displaced in favor of fanboy fodder.

It's time for the ban hammer to unleash it's oblivion for those of flaming legions.

Above: still the best game of the year.

OMFG! FUCKING WIN.

GREAT GREAT GREAT THREAD! =D

LMAO.

i love it! seriously i do! =D

this is the thread of the year 2011, i don't give a fuck about the rest of the year, this must be the one.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!