By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looks like the trolling is making a lot of gamers silent!

Euphoria14 said:
lestatdark said:

Wow....so you have to own something to be entitled to post something negative about it, even if you don't have ulterior motives behind it? 

So, let me get this straight then. If someone, who also don't own a PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, PC, iPhone or whatever that's currently trendy in the electronics department, and gives negative information about any of those, just for the sake of information, they're automatically labelled an opposer to it? 

Must be easy to live in a world where everything is quickly labelled like that. Myself, I'd rather not label people at all, especially if those people show that they have no ulterior motives.

As I said, at least Euphoria posts news about every console, be it negative or positive. Unlike a lot of members here on this site.  

I owned a 360 from February 2008 - October 2010. After I sold it I lost all right to post 360 related news whether it be positive or negative. Since I kept Tales of Vesperia however, I am still allowed to talk about it.

Go look, it is in the rules.

Must have missed that when I first read them

I agree with you, any kind of news should and must be posted. If it weren't for the negative news, I would have never learned about the Errors that some PS3 or 360 updates caused and would have never figured out why. 

I guess it's wrong to inform people? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Also about you saying that I am not far from being as bad as Gebx. 

I didn't say Gebx was bad, just how I didn't say Pizzafacegamer was either. In that post I was actually defending them.

Gebx, whilst I found funny at times, was right to be banned. He just came here to piss off PS3 fans and bait them, it was no good for the community. I havn't seen enough of Pizzafacegamer

lestatdark said:
Euphoria14 said:
lestatdark said:

Wow....so you have to own something to be entitled to post something negative about it, even if you don't have ulterior motives behind it? 

So, let me get this straight then. If someone, who also don't own a PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, PC, iPhone or whatever that's currently trendy in the electronics department, and gives negative information about any of those, just for the sake of information, they're automatically labelled an opposer to it? 

Must be easy to live in a world where everything is quickly labelled like that. Myself, I'd rather not label people at all, especially if those people show that they have no ulterior motives.

As I said, at least Euphoria posts news about every console, be it negative or positive. Unlike a lot of members here on this site.  

I owned a 360 from February 2008 - October 2010. After I sold it I lost all right to post 360 related news whether it be positive or negative. Since I kept Tales of Vesperia however, I am still allowed to talk about it.

Go look, it is in the rules.

Must have missed that when I first read them

I agree with you, any kind of news should and must be posted. If it weren't for the negative news, I would have never learned about the Errors that some PS3 or 360 updates caused and would have never figured out why. 

I guess it's wrong to inform people? 

I'm not saying all negative news should be boycott, some bits are important and can create good discussion, more times than often though that's not the case, and a shit storm ensues, 400 posts later the thread is locked and you look back and think "this thread didn't even need making in the first place"

Seece said:
Euphoria14 said:
Seece said:

I'm not attacking you, just stating what you do on this website. If there is nothing wrong with what you do, then it can't be attacking can it

It's not "just a few" negative articles, there have been times I've seen up to 3 negative MS articles on 1st page of MS forum. You can try and twist and turn the reason why "Oh he should be allowed, just because he doesn't own the console doesn't mean he can't post negative news"

The FACT of the matter is, whether it's right or wrong, whether you have good intentions or not, you're not helping this site, you're just making it more hostile by riling up 360 fans. And yes others do it on other consoles (not really to the same calibre as you used to) and they're just as bad.

So the site is only helped when positive news is posted? You're not doing your userbase any favors by not bringing them the news from every angle. Why do you think so many browse sites like N4G for gaming news? Obviously we hurting the site by not posting enough news, which is why Brett was so curious to know where we all go for our news and wanted explanations as to why.

I guess I hurt the site yesterday too when some PS3 fans got riled up from my Geohot thread. I was even called a supporter of piracy, not to mention this week I was also called a Nintendo hater, now obviously it is thought that I have something against the 360.

It's not my fault that some users can't except that negative news exists, not to mention can't accept that not everyone has a positive view on everything. Seems I piss off everyone equally.

In reality, I don't hurt the site at all.

Yes you do, you try to bring out the worst in people. Just being a PS3 fan posting 360 news on it's own is provocative, whya re you so obsessed with doing it?

It's not about being easily riled up, if you like coming to the charts, and keep seeing negative article after another (of which I might add are crappy peices of news not worth knowing anyway most of the time) then it becomes tedious. Couple that with the fact 10's of gloating fans come in to troll and stealth troll, and yes a lot of people get pissed off, and you've create a shit storm. Again whether that's right or wrong is neither here nor there, the end result is the same.

And do you think you don't rile people up Seece? With your constant hit-and-run insults?

And you assessment is flawed: It is not provocative in and of itself. It's just that YOU are making a big deal out of it. You deem it as stealth trolling when it is not. 

And note that it was the Pro-MS people that deemed MS articles as negative when posted by someone who isn't Pro-MS. It's as if you're trying to invalidate any point the so-called "negative" article may be trying to bring up. Do you honestly get that flustered when articles are posted? Enough to call the poster a stealth-troll and be done with it? And I doubt if someone Pro-MS posted an Anti-Sony article you'd call them out. And trust me, that happens a lot around here and I don't see you coming to the rescue over there.

It is not our fault the site has seen a rise in trolling either. Nor anyone else's. So then, there is no need to stop making threads because trolls might get angry. In fact, let them get angry and get themselves banned. That's a better option. 

We know that Pro-MS people won't post Anti-MS news, and now you're saying people Pro-MS can't either. Do you want this place to be a bastion of positive news then?  Where no negative news may flow in? No. This is not the site for that. Go to a 360 site if you don't want negative news, but don't complain there is negative news here.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Chairman-Mao said:

This thread deserves a "cool story bro"

I can see why amp does what he does now.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
dtewi said:

And note that it was the Pro-MS people that deemed MS articles as negative when posted by someone who isn't Pro-MS. It's as if you're trying to invalidate any point the so-called "negative" article may be trying to bring up. Do you honestly get that flustered when articles are posted? Enough to call the poster a stealth-troll and be done with it? And I doubt if someone Pro-MS posted an Anti-Sony article you'd call them out. And trust me, that happens a lot around here and I don't see you coming to the rescue over there.

It is not our fault the site has seen a rise in trolling either. Nor anyone else's. So then, there is no need to stop making threads because trolls might get angry. In fact, let them get angry and get themselves banned. That's a better option. 

We know that Pro-MS people won't post Anti-MS news, and now you're saying people Pro-MS can't either. Do you want this place to be a bastion of positive news then?  Where no negative news may flow in? No. This is not the site for that. Go to a 360 site if you don't want negative news, but don't complain there is negative news here.

That has always been the argument when someone gets banned or a thread gets locked because it's negative, and I'm mostly in agreement, there are a few rare cases where it becomes too much of a hindrance to let someone keep posting the negative news. 

Gebx is the only person I can remember that has been banned solely for posting negative news and that's because he did it in such crazy amounts you could come to VGC sometimes and see 7 or 8 threads in the hot topics all made by Gebx all with obscure negative Sony news he found.  I think that ban was fine but in general am in favor of letting people have their discussion even if someone posts some negative news with sinister intentions.

Torillian said:
dtewi said:

That has always been the argument when someone gets banned or a thread gets locked because it's negative, and I'm mostly in agreement, there are a few rare cases where it becomes too much of a hindrance to let someone keep posting the negative news. 

Gebx is the only person I can remember that has been banned solely for posting negative news and that's because he did it in such crazy amounts you could come to VGC sometimes and see 7 or 8 threads in the hot topics all made by Gebx all with obscure negative Sony news he found.  I think that ban was fine but in general am in favor of letting people have their discussion even if someone posts some negative news with sinister intentions.

When it gets to the point of spamming it, it does of course warrant a ban.

But again, news is news. And the messenger is not to be shot (in most cases).

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Seece said:

Yes you do, you try to bring out the worst in people. Just being a PS3 fan posting 360 news on it's own is provocative, whya re you so obsessed with doing it?

It's not about being easily riled up, if you like coming to the charts, and keep seeing negative article after another (of which I might add are crappy peices of news not worth knowing anyway most of the time) then it becomes tedious. Couple that with the fact 10's of gloating fans come in to troll and stealth troll, and yes a lot of people get pissed off, and you've created a shit storm. Again whether that's right or wrong is neither here nor there, the end result is the same.

I intentionally try to bring out the worst in people? I guess you never post only to rile people up huh? I guess you didn't come into this thread and not once, but twice post only to try and rile me up?

So at first I couldn't post negative 360 news because I no longer owned a 360 and now I wasn't allowed to post to begin with because I enjoy gaming on my PS3 more so than my Wii and/or 360? So even though I own a Wii I am not allowed to post any positive and/or negative Wii news? 

Or is it because you assume that if someone likes the PS3 they in turn hate the 360 and vise-versa?

I guess since many, including yourself feel that VGChartz is mostly made up of Sony fans the site should be mostly negative Sony news since only they could post negative Sony news? Would that be alright?

Sorry but no matter which way you slice it that is ridiculous. News is news and you will continue to get all sides of it from me for all console manufacturers and game development studios. Singling me out in threads like I am some sort of disease to VGChartz isn't going to change it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!