By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Looks like the trolling is making a lot of gamers silent!

Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:

I can't say I am innocent of this but the biggest issue I have with this site is thread derailment. If a thread is about Forza, the GT5 people take over, a Move thread, the Kinect people comes in. I believe there must be strict rules about these stuff. If we want to compare games, make a thread about it, but too many times threads are being derailed on purpose and it kills great disscussions.

This is, I agree, the biggest issue. I even derail my own threads.

Although in the GT5/Forza instance, if a thread is made titled "Forza is the best Sim racer" and someone comes in, mentions GT5 and gives valid reasons as to why, I see zero issue with it, just like I see no issue if someone like Shio comes in a argues how iRacing is superior to Forza.

As long as the discussion stick to the topic, which in that case is "Best sim racer", I see no problem.

Well your example is another problem with the site which we use take care of before : Crappy Threads, there's so many of them, useless, only created to cause stir and fighting. I can tell a thread content by who makes it before i even read it. Although I know many disagree with me, I believe not everyone should be able to make threads, and too many are being made by the same people and are usually nothing but problems.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:

I can't say I am innocent of this but the biggest issue I have with this site is thread derailment. If a thread is about Forza, the GT5 people take over, a Move thread, the Kinect people comes in. I believe there must be strict rules about these stuff. If we want to compare games, make a thread about it, but too many times threads are being derailed on purpose and it kills great disscussions.

Although in the GT5/Forza instance, if a thread is made titled "Forza is the best Sim racer" and someone comes in, mentions GT5 and gives valid reasons as to why, I see zero issue with it, just like I see no issue if someone like Shio comes in a argues how iRacing is superior to Forza.

As long as the discussion stick to the topic, which in that case is "Best sim racer", I see no problem.

Well your example is another problem with the site which we use take care of before : Crappy Threads, there's so many of them, useless, only created to cause stir and fighting. I can tell a thread content by who makes it before i even read it. Although I know many disagree with me, I believe not everyone should be able to make threads, and too many are being made by the same people and are usually nothing but problems.

Well what would you consider a crappy thread? The type I just mentioned?

If so then I disagree, because if someone is looking for best possible Sim racer, then stumbles upon that thread, discovers the facts about other titles not pertaining to the initially mentioned title, it in fact benefits that person in search of the "Best sim racer".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:
psrock said:

If so then I disagree, because if someone is looking for best possible Sim racer, then stumbles upon that thread, discovers the facts about other titles not pertaining to the initially mentioned title, it in fact benefits that person in search of the "Best sim racer".

A  "best sim racer " thread is fine if done right

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@ OP  There is a flaw in your post when you claim that trolling is way up despite a weak Asian following. 

Where did you get these numbers?  They must be UNDERTRACKEDZZ.

Maybe I should start a counter thread...

*smashes fist on desk* 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

psrock said:
Euphoria14 said:

A  "best sim racer " thread is fine if done right

Very glad that you agree.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I blame the bigger trolls leaving. Now there are so many lesser trolls running rapid. 

The bigger trolls were effective, creative, smart, hard-working, and funny IMO. They worked hard for their trolling. 

The trolls today are just annoying, repetitive, lazy, and just flat out stupid. 

I prefer me some rare quality trolling over weak trolling in large amounts.

Quality > Quantity  

Someone needs to make a website titled "trolling 101" to teach these guys how it's done.

A Bad Clown said:

The Trolling of 2010

1. 3.0, everybody cool leaves

So your saying your not cool. :)

Euphoria14 said:

I do not think they are biased, never said they were. I just think that there were many times where getting banned was too easy and some werenot what I would consider bannable and many cases where I think cases of "trolling" were not really "trolling".

You were not the on;y one I have long lost count of times I held back my real opinions to avoid a ban. It did feel like you were not allowed to have an opinion and in the past when that has happened I enjoyed the site less. Now I am still cautious but I have found a lot of the arguing and true opinions being shared much better than the times when I couldn't even say I felt one company deserved more sales than another company.

chocoloco said:
A Bad Clown said:

The Trolling of 2010

I haven't been cool since the early 90s.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
chocoloco said:
A Bad Clown said:

The Trolling of 2010

I haven't been cool since the early 90s.

What? I thought they were cool in the late 90's with the amazing jeckyl brothers being their last good album.