By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you reckon Nintendo should make a racing sim?

Metallicube said:

Nah that's not Nintendo's forte, thankfully. Racing sims are a snooze fest.

Yeah, I hated what they tried to make the series into with NFS:Shift, I'm glad they went back and made NFS:HP instead this year

Around the Network

they already do,  in the year 2112 after earth has been invaded, racing is perfectly simulated by Mach Rider

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unlike others on this thread, i'd say , sure why not ?  , why limit themselves to specific genres? they should make that and a WRPG (not Zelda-like)

Gods no. Why would they do such a thing?

Double post! What is up with the fierce server lag on this site lately? Holiday rush?

Around the Network

If they could make an accurate racing sim and then add random stuff it could be a fresh spin on the genre.  You could race Mario with a star power up, Star Fox, and other NIntendo franchises.  Who knows, it could be great.  Look what happened with Final Fantasy mixed with Disney, a good game was made.  The variety they could add would be endless.  Dodging fireballs, avoiding Bullet Bills, escaping the sucking power of Kirby.  If all the cars actually handled accurately, I think it could still be called a racing sim.

noname2200 said:
homer said:
Siko1989 said:

i reckon it would be cool... Sony made the GT series, Microsoft made Forza series... now Nintendo needs to make a racing Sim. :D

Please never use "reckon" ever again. I live in the south eastern part of the USA and if I hear or see that word again, I will explode.

I reckon yer overdoin' it.

I am to lazy to find a better gif, so I put four crappy ones. Back on topic though, With the limitations of the wii, they probably would not be as successful(in comparison to the competition) at creating a realistic racing sim, although, that is not to say they could not create a good racing game.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

If i want a racing sim, I'll get a PlayStation.

voty2000 said:

If they could make an accurate racing sim and then add random stuff it could be a fresh spin on the genre.  You could race Mario with a star power up, Star Fox, and other NIntendo franchises.  Who knows, it could be great.  Look what happened with Final Fantasy mixed with Disney, a good game was made.  The variety they could add would be endless.  Dodging fireballs, avoiding Bullet Bills, escaping the sucking power of Kirby.  If all the cars actually handled accurately, I think it could still be called a racing sim.

I think you just described Mario Kart... lol

Mr. sickVisionz said:

Nah, I don't think thats really their style.  They make the silly version of everything, from racing games, tennis and fighting.

You made me realize why I don't like Nintendo games. Thanks. :o