By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you reckon Nintendo should make a racing sim?

voty2000 said:
djstrykermx said:
voty2000 said:

If they could make an accurate racing sim and then add random stuff it could be a fresh spin on the genre.  You could race Mario with a star power up, Star Fox, and other NIntendo franchises.  Who knows, it could be great.  Look what happened with Final Fantasy mixed with Disney, a good game was made.  The variety they could add would be endless.  Dodging fireballs, avoiding Bullet Bills, escaping the sucking power of Kirby.  If all the cars actually handled accurately, I think it could still be called a racing sim.

I think you just described Mario Kart... lol

Not at all.  Have real cars like Gran Tourismo but add random stuff to race against.

I'm not sure if that would work... I mean, Mario Kart races can get pretty intense and complicated with skilled players (or difficult AI) try to add the difficulty of handling a kart like a real car on top of that and the result might get a bit too complicated for the average player.

It would be nice to see the concept in action though...

Around the Network

how about "Nintencars" for the 3DS? a simulation game with RPG elements in which you buy accessories and decorations and extra parts for your car and take it out for walks... I mean drives... and enter it in competitions... and maintain it and upgrade it all while building a personal relationship with your pet car?

It could also feature a car washing minigame using the touch screen :D

(I'm only half- joking as this might actually work...)

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

SmokedHostage said:

Let's talk when they release a new Waverace and a new F-Zero.

My thoughts exactly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

@OP:

A racer without power-ups, magic mushrooms, transgender dinosaurs and pedoplumbers? Naaaaa, it would lack the N family feeling!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Some stellar arguments in here.

"Sims are boring anyway."

"Who cares about sims."

"Sims looked horrible 15 years ago and thus they are useless."

What's wrong with you guys?!

PS: I remember the "physics" in GT 1 and 2, especially in the second game where you could fit a racing kit on your car, the handling was insane. You could slingshot your car around a 90 degree turn doing 100 miles per hour!

Around the Network

They already have one that has sold more as a series than the entire Gran Turismo series.

It is called Mario Kart AKA Undisputed King of Racing Games Then, Now, and Forever.

Mummelmann said:

Some stellar arguments in here.

"Sims are boring anyway."

"Who cares about sims."

"Sims looked horrible 15 years ago and thus they are useless."

What's wrong with you guys?!

They are just envious? :P

No, Nintendo likes the "Racing is about making friends"  approach. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

If by "making friends" you mean "memorizing twelve digit numbers" than I agree :P

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
amp316 said:

If by "making friends" you mean "memorizing twelve digit numbers" than I agree :P

Hehe.  I was talking about commercial for Blur ( I think it was Blur) that was making fun of Mario Kart. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger