By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you reckon Nintendo should make a racing sim?

Chibi.V.29 said:
Metallicube said:
amp316 said:
gumby_trucker said:
amp316 said:

No, Nintendo likes the "Racing is about making friends"  approach. 

If by "making friends" you mean "memorizing twelve digit numbers" than I agree :P

Hehe.  I was talking about commercial for Blur ( I think it was Blur) that was making fun of Mario Kart. 

Ha, apparently most people prefer the "racing is about making friends" approach as well. Nintendo got the last laugh there:

Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Nintendo
10.71 2.94 11.07 24.72
Blur (PS3)
Activision
0.07 0.01 0.20 0.28
Blur (X360)
Activision
0.12 0.00 0.16 0.28

Lol ur comparing an experiment game to a fully established series that been around for decades. not one sided at all ^^

Well, their ads had no problem comparing the two franchises so why should I? :P

Around the Network

I just got a brilliant idea: Ninty could use a tiny amount of its money to fill a real world racing track with mushrooms, turtles, bananas, coins and various power-ups, so nobody could say anymore that MK isn't realistic and it could fill both arcade and sim racer genres.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nintendo already has a Racing sim. it's called "Mario Kart" and it perfectly simulates The Mario-Universe!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

homer said:
Siko1989 said:

i reckon it would be cool... Sony made the GT series, Microsoft made Forza series... now Nintendo needs to make a racing Sim. :D

Please never use "reckon" ever again. I live in the south eastern part of the USA and if I hear or see that word again, I will explode.

I was born and raised in south east USA and hate it as well, but actually Europe uses that word a lot.

Microsoft has wasted 5 years and millions of dollars trying to convert the GT fanbase. Nintendo is smarter than that. They don't make clones of popular franchises. They do their own thing.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:

Nope. Look at Mario Kart sales. Thats the only racer they need. If you look at this week's EU sales GT is hardly outselling Mario Kart, and Mario Kart has been on the market for a damn long time.

RockMan10 said:
homer said:
Siko1989 said:

i reckon it would be cool... Sony made the GT series, Microsoft made Forza series... now Nintendo needs to make a racing Sim. :D

Please never use "reckon" ever again. I live in the south eastern part of the USA and if I hear or see that word again, I will explode.

I was born and raised in south east USA and hate it as well, but actually Europe uses that word a lot.

Really? I did not see that coming.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
RockMan10 said:
homer said:
Siko1989 said:

Lol, why do people from the southeast hate it?

OT: I want my F-Zero, first.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
homer said:
RockMan10 said:
homer said:
Siko1989 said:

Lol, why do people from the southeast hate it?

OT: I want my F-Zero, first.

We have a complex because people in the south east use it and we try to separate ourselves from our "uneducated" country-dialect brothers and sisters... at least thats why i don't use the dialect of my home town.