By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN article shows Nintendo is the king of re-releases!

I look at my collection, and I see that I bought tons of the exact game, over and over again.  If it was good on the Nes, I'd buy it for the Gameboy, then I'd buy it again for the GBA, Snes, VC, or what have you.  In fact, I made a thread about it a while back.  My most recent purchases were God of War Collection (with GoW3), and Super Mario All Stars limited edition.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  But look at Nintendo's history!!  They've been re-releasing games like you wouldn't believe, since day one!!  I thought this was an interesting read.  It doesn't even list all of the re-releases.  Anyway, enjoy:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1140388p1.html

They're the "Disney" of video games!

Around the Network

Some of the Nintendo software is really blue ocean and deserve to sell forever.

Which kid doesn't enjoy the old Super Mario Bros.?

Same thing goes to pac-man. Not a Nintendo game, but it just appeals to everyone no matter when.

IGN is certainly scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for ideas.

Disney is awesome :D

I LOVE ICELAND!

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the old thread.  And since that thread, I've re-bought even more games!  Maybe it would be wise if Microsoft does like Nintendo and Sony and re-release versions of their older games (Halo1 and 2, to be specific).  They're already doing it with games on the XBLA.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=72470

Around the Network

I think Square Enix is much better re-release company. 

i think its a good thing releasing All-stars, it gives the younger Audience of today experience what we have years ago

heh, they only become Disney if they take their titles off the VC and throw them in the "vault". Until then Nintendo will never be Disney

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I've tried not to do that for that very reason. The only remakes i've bought where i had the original were Ocarina of Time on GameCube, Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii, and Super Mario 64 DS, and in two cases they had significant amounts of new content, with Prime Trilogy having a revamped control scheme

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

d21lewis said:

They're the "Disney" of video games!

That's because they're the Disney of video games lol one of the oldest companies in the business, the most popular across the board, constantly known for quality, and appeals to everyone.

People like buying the games they love in new formats, just like people buy movies they already own on VHS on DVD and Blu Ray.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000