By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official November 2010 NPD Thread

I don't know what's more disappointing.

PS3 sales, or lack of gifs coming from GAF

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Maynard_Tool said:

I love to be the center of attention... well not really, but in this case.... luving it

Seems like some people in here lost their sense of humor when they saw the numbers

Ah, c'mon. We had lots of Wii mocking when Wii had some really low weeks/months and that wasn't funny, was it?

Let's put an end to this spiral of mockery.

I dunno... you tell me. I was on those threads, so there's nothing else that you can say that i already dont know =)

LovePeace said:
Gilgamesh said:

I'm leaving VG Chartz until PS3 get's adjusted up :(

its overtracked by 100K -.-

Ya I know that's why I'm leaving :P

Gafers are saying that Black Ops on 360 is AT 6M... 4.2M on VGC.

Carl2291 said:

In all serious, without mocking the troll...

These are great numbers for Ninty/MS.

Sony... They need something major if they want to compete in the US. Pretty shocking PS3 numbers when you look at the competition. No wonder they haven't released them personally... Pretty hard to spin those into something positive.

BTW just so you know, I joined in and made a joke towards your response so it'd just diffuse the situation, cause if it resulted in issues I'd have to take action against both of you cause those posts/responses to post cause sparks, I knew what you were doing, but I've been talking to you lately, best to calm yourself and use the system in place if there are issues haha

And yeah your post is really spot on, being behind by almost a million compared to 360 is not where they want to be at this point, and that is so hard to make look good.  

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

A $200 PS3 couldnt come soon enough for Sony in the US now. Shocking numbers compared to Wii and 360!!

TheWon said:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-09/microsoft-s-xbox-leads-u-s-video-game-sales-in-november-as-wii-recovers.html

Nintendo DS: 1.5 Million (-11.8%)
Xbox 360: 1.37 Million ( 68%)
Wii: 1.27 Million ( 0.8%)
PS3: 530k (-25%)

Kinect may not had a huge effect. Since there is not one Kinect game in the top 10

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD ** - 8.4 Million
02. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3) UBISOFT **
03. Just Dance 2 (Wii) UBISOFT
04. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS
05. Fable III (360) MICROSOFT** 
06. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO
07. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
08. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) SONY**
09. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP,PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) NINTENDO**

Even GT5 is in the top 10, and the PS3 only sold 530 systems!!!

There is no reason for the PS3 to be selling at these numbers. With already having a price cut, Remodel, and all those must have games. 

The 360 is still doing well, but with the lack of Kinect games in the top 10. Its hard to tell if people who bought it only got the addon. Which means it didn't push hardware bundles. So it could still be old 360 owners upgrading from their old RRD systems. If your Nintendo you should still feel great! You hardware moving games are doing their jobs! Wii Fit in the top Ten, and the Epic Just Dance.

1) Combined multiplatform games skew the top ten list.  The statement from the NPD rep said, counting individual SKU's, Halo Reach would be #10.  That could explain the absence of Kinect games.

2) Kinect Adventures will never be counted the same as Wii Sports.  Bundled.  

Any numbers for software???

Wass said:

Last PS3 price cut was 1 year and 2 months ago. Isn't it time to start thinking about the next one?

360 hasn't had one since 2008.

sully1311 said:

A $200 PS3 couldnt come soon enough for Sony in the US now. Shocking numbers compared to Wii and 360!!

Could they afford a $200 PS3???