By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official November 2010 NPD Thread

And to think MS was totally supply constrained on 360s with Kinect. Easily could have sold more.  For December it is all about getting the supply  to the stores.  I also wonder if Kinect360 did better than projected in EMEAA as well.

Finally MS to please as many consumers as possible should put out a special offer that if you buy any 360 the remainder of the year you can register to get a certificate to get the Kinect Sensor for $99.99.  In effect paying exactly what you would have paid if you found one at the store.  Make it so you need to register for the certificate by Jan 15.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

HD > Wii!

Nintendo> HD ( a doomed handheld)!

Above: still the best game of the year.

forest-spirit said:
Maynard_Tool said:

I love to be the center of attention... well not really, but in this case.... luving it

Seems like some people in here lost their sense of humor when they saw the numbers

Ah, c'mon. We had lots of Wii mocking when Wii had some really low weeks/months and that wasn't funny, was it?

Let's put an end to this spiral of mockery.

He should have fun, I know I would. This thread got boring. Where are all the PS3 Fans in this site? You guys forgot last year, huh. The PS3 was hot, we had report of it moving all over the place and then we saw the NPD and the 360 won. i remember us questioning NPD numbers. T

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Darth Tigris said:
Wass said:

Last PS3 price cut was 1 year and 2 months ago. Isn't it time to start thinking about the next one?

360 hasn't had one since 2008.

and 2 years on it's posting it's biggest ever numbers by a large margin .. incredible.

LovePeace said:
Gilgamesh said:

I'm leaving VG Chartz until PS3 get's adjusted up :(

its overtracked by 100K -.-

ROFL!

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network

BTW people... If there are no bundles at all here for SW, does it mean Black Ops sold MORE than the 8.4 Million? Same for whatever GT5 sold? And any other bundled games?

Beuli2 said:
Carl2291 said:

HD > Wii!

Nintendo> HD!

Old jokes are old, I already did that stop being a poser!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ok, let's be serious now.. w/o the hahaha the clever posts and the silly pictures, I have one question...

Are those ps3 numbers reliable? is it a credible source? They seem TOO freaking low for November (thanksgiving) with move and GT5 out....

Beuli2 said:

Nintendo> HD!

Late to the party! Go back to trying to be darth! >:(

Well very good numbers for MS and Nintendo.  Nintendo continues to show that even though it is always on the "down turn" that come holiday season this is what consumers still want.  I also will say that buying a system that already comes with two games looks very good during the holiday season.  That probably had a lot to do with it.  Also DS continues to be a strong competitor with compelling games and a solid price.  MS of course shows resilience along with a large impact in the American market.  So large that they have easily been able to push Kinect on to new and old 360 owners.  MS took a huge risk with Kinect, maybe on similar levels to Nintendo with the Wii, and it does seem the risk has paid off.  Obviously we'll look for future months to come to see how it goes on, but I think MS's risk is going to pay off for them.  

I guess that leaves us with PS3 and the question of "what happened?"  I mean I think the first thing that comes to people's mind is strong competition.  They were facing two other home systems that were cheaper by a solid $100 and came with added value that PS3 didn't have in November in Black Friday.  Already mentioned on the Wii front that for $200 you got the system and 2 games.  Also some good BF deals that game extra game to that mix or in Best Buy's case, $30 off.  Not to mention Wii had compelling software release consistently in the month with Goldeneye, Sonic, and Donkey Kong.  360 on the other hand also started out at $200, or $300 if you wanted Kinect with a game.  Their holiday bundle also came with 2 games, although one downloadable.  And then of course Kinect coming out in that month gave it its own uniqueness along with titles such as Fable, Halo, and Black Ops.  When you really compare this to PS3, you can see where it didn't stack up competitively.  It's Black Friday deals weren't as strong as 360 or Wii.  You start off at $300 with no games and $400 to start off with Move and a game.  And probably one of the biggest hits to its sales this month came from GT5 not coming out at the planned time.  That was its big exclusive to really give it an edge and it missed the mark.  

I would also say a second thing of Move just not competing well with Wii or Kinect.  And that has become a large focus for consumers these holidays.  So I would say some of this is from extremely strong competition from Nintendo and MS, but it really does seem it has been Sony's inability to meet that competition.  Which is extremely surprising, as they did it so well last year after having quite the rebound in America.  Let's see how December turns out though, as GT5 will be there and some more effective advertising may be able to give it some large increases for a good December.  Then Sony will look to rebound with their 2011 lineup.  

But all and all, software is what seems to be pretty epic too.  I mean seriously 8.4 million for Black Ops.  That is just crazy.  I can't wait to see some leaked individual numbers haha.