By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official November 2010 NPD Thread

Last PS3 price cut was 1 year and 2 months ago. Isn't it time to start thinking about the next one?

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
ethomaz said:
Hyruken said:
ethomaz said:
Rob-Ot said:

Can't believe Need for speed beat GT5. Xbox 360 really did well, congrats to Microsoft.

Combined.

Yeah which means 137k on 360 and 119k on PS3. meaning total 256k sales.

Which means either NFS is seriously under-tracked or GT5 is seriously over-tracked.

As i said before i think it has been over-tracked.

Here? 190k for 360 and 162k for PS3... more Wii and PC.

It came out on 16th November so was about 11 days on sale. About 1 week more then GT5.

Sales on the Wii and PC would of been tiny. Such is how it is. VGC has it at just 20k.

360 and PS3 are what will be the main numbers.

First week sales as i said were 137k on 360 and 119k on PS3.

2nd week sales were 75k for 360 and 60k on PS3.

Obviously it was a few days short of 2 weeks on sale but for arguments sake we will use 2 weeks full numbers.

Thats 212k on 360 and 179k on PS3. Let's put 20k for Wii and PC and that is a total of 411k.

But to throw in another angle to show what kind of sales we are looking at Fable 3 beat it. In october Fable 3 was the 4th top selling game with 580k sales. What are the odds that Fable 3 sold more then that this month? Very low considering its chart position.

Actually we must be undertracking NFS:HP, either that or overtracking Reach, because Reach would have been in the top 10 if it was individual SKUs.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

We still got Brazil  my brothers.......new market FTW lol

But seriously, Amazing job MS, you blew my expectations. I went out and promoted your products, made sure people tried it and made it a a system seller.

As for Sony, better luck in December.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

HD > Wii!

Nintnedo > HD

Seriously though, Maynard is already getting blessed out about that, chill lol

Lets try to keep things civil yo

I love to be the center of attention... well not really, but in this case.... luving it

Seems like some people in here lost their sense of humor when they saw the numbers

Maynard_Tool said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

HD > Wii!

Nintnedo > HD

I love to be the center of attention... well not really, but in this case.... luving it

Seems like some people in here lost their sense of humor when they saw the numbers

I hope you're not insinuating me? Cos it's not as if I'm bummed about about 360 >> Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3 is it?

Around the Network

Apparently black OPS sold 8.4m in US alone november.....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/12/call-of-duty-black-ops-paces-record-setting-november-video-game-sales/1

Time to sack kevin Butler and try a new aproach you think?

The Wii being up YoY is pretty surprising, even as one of those who has been saying 'wait for the holidays' for the last few months, I expected the Wii to be down a little bit at my most optimistic...

The 360 is doing great, I don't really know what to say about the PS3, it's just... Yeah.

VGChartz

Hyruken said:

Time to sack kevin Butler and try a new aproach you think?

Reminds me, where the heck is Marcus?

Seece said:
Maynard_Tool said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

HD > Wii!

Nintnedo > HD

I hope you're not insinuating me? Cos it's not as if I'm bummed about about 360 >> Wii >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS3 is it?

Well kind of... you were the first one that quoted me... but also i know you are more of a X360 follower... so, no, you Ok