By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

game engine-wise no doubt, but when you can't show it in every race, it's not of much use. (talking about damage mainly. Though that doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed when I saw the "damage" in Forza 3 for the first time.)

Higher resolution is pretty much a non-factor in this case, since GT5 runs a bit slower on average. Should be around the same if both are 720p or both 1280x1080.

Only real factor are the 8 additionally AI drivers.

Though in the end it's hard to say how much farther Forza could go. Definitely hasn't reached its limit at the current settings.

Around the Network

Nsanity said:
ConnorJCP said:

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24784

Thats quite interesting, Especially the part where it talks about how the damage is created and the methods used.
And well done to Forza 3 for having the advantage of performance, although it does have 8 cars compared to GT5's 18(plus running at 1080p), so it has got a advantage from the get go.
And i thought Forza 3 had a higher polygon count per car then GT5? i swore i saw that somewere.

But none the less, its a interesting read.

It's not 1920x1080 but more less 1280x720 (4xAA). 1280x1080 (QAA). 1280x720 (QAA). in 3D mode http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Thanks...

If that is true this may be the very first PS3 game which runs 720p per eye in 3D.

kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

far as im aware the human eye cant detect a differance past about 35 fps so who cares ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

To be expected. given the long-ass development time. I was playing it earlier today and it's gorgeous (even with the screen tearing), didn't try FM3, but it's nice to know that something apyed off during those 5 (or was it 6?) years.

Around the Network

Has anyone played with the NASCARs?
They are amazing! they have a lot of detail and the physics seem spot on.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

Chibi.V.29 said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

Conclusion: There’s no doubt that Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 are beautiful looking racing games, but quite honestly we were expecting a little more from Gran Turismo 5 in the performance department. Not only did Gran Turismo 5 constantly fall below the 60 FPS mark, there was quite a bit of noticeable screen tearing occurring throughout. While Gran Turismo 5 may have a slight visual advantage over Forza 3, our analyzer proves that Forza 3 out performed Gran Turismo 5 in almost every video we captured. Lets hope Sony releases a performance patch in the near future, but Sony please don’t make us wait too long…

the 22% of torn frames on average for GT5 is shocking... not very "advanced" either

"polish"?

far as im aware the human eye cant detect a differance past about 35 fps so who cares ^^

Most PC gamers will confirm that this isn't true... If my framerate goes under 40 in a PC game, I feel like slaughtering kittens.

Chibi.V.29 said:
kowenicki said:

didnt you read this bit?

"polish"?

far more than that

disolitude said:

I'm not saying Forza 3 is better than GT5 but I don't think there is anyone out there who would take higher resolution over FPS performance in a racing sim... would be nice if GT5 used some of its 5 year development time to give players the option to go to 720p and get 60 FPS.

Which leads me to another question... Did any publication confirm the native resolution of GT5 yet? GT5P wasn't 1080p but 1280x1080 for gameplay.

Also what resolution is 3d running at?

its not just the higher resolution its the overall game grafix its much better on gt5 even though forza performance is better.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-25-gt5-update-confirmed-for-saturday

a good video on that link i cant embed.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kowenicki said:

In fact as close to  60fps as poss is essential in a driving game.

Yeah...that should be a given for racing sim fans. If you own a Logitech G25/27...you most likely know that a racing sim really needs to be 60 fps.

Luckily I own a Logitech Driving Force GT...so I can put up with sub 60 frame rates :)