By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

tuscaniman said:
ultraslick said:

GT5 looks sooo much better than Forza. With something like sim racers where both games look so beutiful, it takes some time with both games to conclude that GT5 seriously without question 100% fucking dominates Forza.

I dont understand why there are so many people who seem to want to detract from GT5.

I played for about 10 hours straight with friends yesterday with the G25 wheel, and it is safe to say that we all witnessed the equivilence of christ coming through the tv into our faces..  no joke.

We ALL agreed at 5am that the game was not only better than any racer but also without question better than any game ever.. period. (nothing comes remotely close)

we had the racing rig very close to the tv all running 1080p with super loud surround. after a while, the person driving would use surround headphones and when all of that was happening, your peripheral vision outside of the tv screen seriously melted away and you actually fucking feel like you are really racing.

Like a simulation.

Go to photo mode, and then tell me that Forza has anything comparable in the Glory that is GT5.

detractors will say,.. but but screen tearing calibration % while nervously sweating to prove some negative evil fanboy shit. Im tired of it! STFU already, play it, love it.

Back to Christ... I mean GT5.

Take off the Sony goggles

He doesn't have to be a fanboy to enjoy the damn game. Get over yourself.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
tuscaniman said:
ultraslick said:

GT5 looks sooo much better than Forza. With something like sim racers where both games look so beutiful, it takes some time with both games to conclude that GT5 seriously without question 100% fucking dominates Forza.

I dont understand why there are so many people who seem to want to detract from GT5.

I played for about 10 hours straight with friends yesterday with the G25 wheel, and it is safe to say that we all witnessed the equivilence of christ coming through the tv into our faces..  no joke.

We ALL agreed at 5am that the game was not only better than any racer but also without question better than any game ever.. period. (nothing comes remotely close)

we had the racing rig very close to the tv all running 1080p with super loud surround. after a while, the person driving would use surround headphones and when all of that was happening, your peripheral vision outside of the tv screen seriously melted away and you actually fucking feel like you are really racing.

Like a simulation.

Go to photo mode, and then tell me that Forza has anything comparable in the Glory that is GT5.

detractors will say,.. but but screen tearing calibration % while nervously sweating to prove some negative evil fanboy shit. Im tired of it! STFU already, play it, love it.

But he has to be a fanboy to call it the second coming of Christ and that it dominates Forza. Take your own advice and get over yourself.

I don't have the game yet, so I have little to contribute at this point. It should arrive within the next few days. However...on the 20% frame drop. 60 fps * 20% loss = 48 fps...the human eye can't detect faster than 24 fps...so this is a non-issue.

tuscaniman said:
Doobie_wop said:
tuscaniman said:
ultraslick said:

Like a simulation.

But he has to be a fanboy to call it the second coming of Christ and that it dominates Forza. Take your own advice and get over yourself.

He doesn't have to be a fanboy to prefer one product over an other similar product. 

Get over yourself.

Barozi said:

game engine-wise no doubt, but when you can't show it in every race, it's not of much use. (talking about damage mainly. Though that doesn't mean that I wasn't disappointed when I saw the "damage" in Forza 3 for the first time.)

Higher resolution is pretty much a non-factor in this case, since GT5 runs a bit slower on average. Should be around the same if both are 720p or both 1280x1080.

Only real factor are the 8 additionally AI drivers.

Though in the end it's hard to say how much farther Forza could go. Definitely hasn't reached its limit at the current settings.

Let's not forget how smart the 8 forza A.I drivers actually were. They never stuck to a line, occasinally made real life mistakes when under pressure and reacted differently to how you drove next to them.

I haven't had the chance to play GT5 yet but I've heard the A.I are still the same from the old games which means they all follow a racing line and stay in that position.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:
Doobie_wop said:
tuscaniman said:
ultraslick said:

Like a simulation.

Why? It isn't that far fetched to think a sim racing fan who has waited 5 years for the game will love said game when it finally comes out. GT5 has the content and the technical prowess over Forza 3, so claiming it dominates isn't that wild.

What you said can be applied to the people who would claim that Halo: Reach is the second coming of Christ and that it dominates every other FPS on the market and yet I didn't see you coming and picking on those people who made those claims even though everyone found it wasn't even HD, it had an inconsistent frame rate and muddy textures. 

So I'll repeat, get over yourself and stop bullying people. You seem to do that a lot when it comes to people and the PS3.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The haters are more in love with GT5 then the GT fans..Just look..they never stop talking about it. Now thats when you know something is good.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

dsgrue3 said:

I don't have the game yet, so I have little to contribute at this point. It should arrive within the next few days. However...on the 20% frame drop. 60 fps * 20% loss = 48 fps...the human eye can't detect faster than 24 fps...so this is a non-issue.

The human eye may or may not be able to process all the images per second shot at him (which is much higher than your reported 24), but it can easily spot the drops of smoothness when something goes from 60 to 45-50.

tuscaniman said:
ConnorJCP said:
Squilliam said:

The other funny thing is that this was supposed to be a game which showed how much more powerful the PS3 was etc. I guess the multiplat developers who said they were around even consider this even more external proof of what they already knew.

I dont remember many people saying it was showing how powerful the ps3 was, just how much blu-ray discs help. 
Its more uncharted 2 that shows of what PS3 is capable of.

I remember plenty of people on this sight claiming GT5 would be the best looking game ever made on consoles.

And of all time.

Hynad said:
dsgrue3 said:

The human eye may or may not be able to process all the images per second shot at him (which is much higher than your reported 24), but it can easily spot the drops of smoothness when something goes from 60 to 45-50.

So you're suggesting 48 fps is an issue? Interesting, as movies at the theater are run at 24 fps. Do you complain about that?