By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 More Graphically Advanced Then Forza 3

selnor said:

Before this debate actually gets anywhere, Forza 4 will be out in October with 16 cars and image photo lighting model ingame.

Now the Forza 4 vs GT5 comparison will be epic.

I really hope Forza 4 sets the bar even higher. It will only further make people wonder what these 5 years at PD were spent doing.

Then GT6 can come with all previous mistakes corrected, and so on and so forth.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Before this debate actually gets anywhere, Forza 4 will be out in October with 16 cars and image photo lighting model ingame.

I really hope Forza 4 sets the bar even higher. It will only further make people wonder what these 5 years at PD were spent doing.

Maybe spent at Tourist Trophy and GT PSP?

4k1x3r said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

I don't know man, it's all too weird.

huaxiong90 said:
4k1x3r said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

I don't know man, it's all too weird.

No it's not too weird. Not to mention that most of their hard work went on the premium cars, I don't remember exactly, but they needed at least one month just for 1 premium car. (and the resulsts are here, the 200 premium cars are awesome and really impressive (btw I wonder if Forza 4 will come even close to their quality with their 500 cars).

4k1x3r said:

No it's not too weird. Not to mention that most of their hard work went on the premium cars, I don't remember exactly, but they needed at least one month just for 1 premium car. (and the resulsts are here, the 200 premium cars are awesome and really impressive (btw I wonder if Forza 4 will come even close to their quality with their 500 cars).

1 month for 1 premium car...in that case, they need to expand their workforce...even though that would also add to the overall budget.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
4k1x3r said:

1 month for 1 premium car...in that case, they need to expand their workforce...even though that would also add to the overall budget.

What other features will GT5 have?

There will be 400,000 polygons per car, 100 times more than were present on GT4. GT4 had 4,000 polygons per car. You can customize and tune the cars, too.

From Kaz himself. I don't know how many polys Forza 3 has, but on most forum what I see is 100/150k and sometimes 200k.

It's not because they're stupid that they need 1 month, it's because they want to reach an unprecedented level of details.

4k1x3r said:
huaxiong90 said:
4k1x3r said:

It's not because they're stupid that they need 1 month, it's because they want to reach an unprecedented level of details.

I understand that, and I never said they're stupid. I'm just saying for such amount of detail and time required, he'd need a bigger workforce.

huaxiong90 said:
4k1x3r said:
huaxiong90 said:
4k1x3r said:

I understand that, and I never said they're stupid. I'm just saying for such amount of detail and time required, he'd need a bigger workforce.

Well maybe he doesn't like a "huger" team than what he has now (140 people). But what he needs to understand is that with a polycount reduced to 300k per car, with 350/450 cars, the game would have been much more awesome and fun. Because I don't give a fuck for a Nissan or a Daihatsu from 80's that costs 8,500 credits and that you'll just buy for the 1,000 cars trophy. Seriously.